2014-15 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Appeared in 28 games, with five starts, and was the first Vol off the bench six times.
- Averaged 1.2 points and 1.1 rebounds in 7.6 minutes per game.
- His 13 total blocked shots tied for third-most on the team, and eight of those blocks came during SEC play.
- Led the team in blocks five times.
- Made 17 appearances and four starts in SEC play, while averaging 1.3 points and 1.2 rebounds.
- Scored a season-high seven points and also had three rebounds in UT's SEC Tournament quarterfinal game against Arkansas (3/13/15).
- In the road win at LSU (3//4/15) he drew his fourth starting assignment of the year and finished with six points, three rebounds and a block; had two dunks in the victory, including a posterizing one-hander over highly-touted Tigers forward Jordan Mickey.
- Totaled two points, two steals and one rebound off the bench at Florida (2/28/15).
- Had five points, three rebounds and a block against top-ranked Kentucky (2/17/15).
- His first SEC start came against Mississippi State (2/3/15), and he totaled four points on 2-of-2 shooting, two rebounds and a block in 10 minutes of action.
- Made two key free throws during his 11 minutes of action as the Vols beat Auburn (1/31/15).
- Gave the Vols 11 strong minutes off the bench at Arkansas (1/27/15) and tied a season-high with three rebounds; also drew his first career charge.
- Made his first career start when the Vols hosted Kansas State for the SEC/Big 12 Challenge (12/6/14).
- Gave the Vols nine minutes off the bench against 11th-ranked Kansas in the semifinals of the Orlando Classic (11/28/14).
- Logged his first collegiate point and rebound in the home-opening victory over Texas Southern (11/20/14).
- Recorded a steal during his one minute off the bench while making his college debut vs. 15th-ranked VCU at the Veterans Classic (11/14/14).
- Spent a post-graduate year at Mt. Zion Prep School in Baltimore, where he was coached by Rodrick Harrison.
- Rivals.com rated Owens as the eighth-best prospect in the state of Maryland.
- Prior to the 2013-14 season, Owens was rated by Scout.com as a four-star, top-100 prospect.
- Attended St. Vincent Pallotti High School in Laurel, Md., before enrolling at Mt. Zion.
- Initially signed with Ohio University in November 2013, but he was released from his NLI following a coaching change there.
- Played AAU ball for the Baltimore's Finest program.
- Full name is Tariq Amir Owens
- First name pronounced: TY-reek
- Born: June 30, 1995, in Utica, N.Y.
- Son of Renard and Cassandra Owens
- Academic major: Agricultural Leadership
- Recipient of the Bertelkamp Basketball Scholarship Endowment Fund