24Willie Carmichael III
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Requested and was granted his release following the 2014-15 season and transferred to Western Kentucky following the spring semester.
- Appeared in all 32 games for the Vols, making 19 starts (most on the team among freshmen).
- Was the first Vol off the bench in seven games.
- Averaged 3.0 points and 2.3 rebounds per game while shooting a team-best .519 from the field (40 of 77).
- Led the Vols in blocks four times, and his 13 total blocks ranked tied for third on the team.
- Made three starts in SEC play and shot .500 against league opponents.
- His 101 personal fouls were the most by a Vol in a season since center Brian Williams also committed 101 in 32 games played in 2010-11.
- His five rebounds in the home game against Vanderbilt (2/28/15) were his most in SEC play; he also added four points against the Commodores.
- Made both of his field-goal attempts against top-ranked Kentucky (2/17/15), finishing with four points, two rebounds and an assist.
- Had nine points, six rebounds and two blocks in the win over Kansas State (12/6/14).
- Was 2-for-2 from the field against Marquette at the Orlando Classic (11/30/14) while posting four points, two rebounds, two steals and a block.
- Earned his first career start in just his second college game--UT's season-opening win over Texas Southern (11/20/14)--and posted 10 points, seven rebounds, two blocks (including one that made ESPN SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays) and a steal in the victory.
- Made his college debut at the Veterans Classic vs. 15th-ranked VCU (11/14/14) and grabbed one rebound in four minutes of action.
- Graduated from Wekiva High School in Apopka, Fla., where he was coached by Scott Williams.
- Carmichael was rated as the 25th-ranked prospect in the state of Florida by FloridaHoops.com.
- As a senior in 2013-14, Carmichael helped power Wekiva to a 25-5 record, a District 4 second-place finish and the Florida Class 7A regional semifinals.
- The Orlando Sentinel named him the 2014 7A State Player of the Year.
- As a junior in 2012-13, he averaged 11.2 points and 6.9 rebounds while recording six double-doubles and leading the Mustangs to the Florida Class 8A quarterfinals.
- He averaged 4.8 points and 4.6 rebounds as a sophomore in 2011-12.
- Played AAU ball for the Florida Tarheels Elite program.
- Full name is Willie Leafew Carmichael III
- Born: Oct. 8, 1995, in Orlando, Fla.
- Son of Willie Jr. and Shirley Carmichael
- Academic major: Business
- Recipient of the Estep Athletic Scholarship