2012-13 - SOPHOMORE
- Appeared in 29 games, averaging 1.6 points and 2.4 rebounds in 7.8 minutes per game.
- Ranked second on the team with 10 charges drawn.
- More than one-third of his total rebounds came on the offensive glass (25-of-69, .362).
- Averaged 1.1 points and 1.9 rebounds in 6.6 minutes during his 16 SEC appearances.
- Led the Vols in rebounding twice.
- Was the first Vol off the bench in seven different games.
- Had seven points, seven rebounds and a drawn charge in 15 minutes of action vs. Ole Miss (1/9/13).
- Tied his career-high with eight rebounds in just nine minutes of action vs. Xavier (12/29/12); also drew two crucial charges and blocked a shot in the come-from-behind win.
- Produced nine points, eight rebounds, one assist and a block in 20 minutes of action against No. 23 Wichita State (12/13/12).
- Scored five points and pulled down four rebounds in seven quality minutes off the bench vs. UMass in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off third-place game (11/18/12).
2011-12 - FRESHMAN
- Appeared in 28 games and made one start.
- Shot .591 from the field and averaged 2.3 points and 2.8 rebounds in 8.3 minutes per game.
- Drew seven charges on the year (third-most on the team).
- Scored five points, grabbed four rebounds and drew a pair of charges in the second-round NIT clash with Middle Tennessee (3/19/12).
- Made his first career start (in place of an injured Jeronne Maymon) in UT's NIT opener against Savannah State (3/13/12) and totaled 10 points and eight rebounds in 16 minutes of action.
- Scored four points in UT's overtime win at LSU (2/29/12).
- Totaled seven points and six rebounds in just 12 minutes off the bench at Vanderbilt (1/24/12).
- Enjoyed a breakthrough performance in Tennessee's win over The Citadel (12/29/11), scoring 18 consecutive points for the Vols and grabbing 11 rebounds (seven offensive boards) in just 13 minutes off the bench.
- Shot 7-of-9 from the floor and 4-of-5 from the free-throw line against The Citadel.
- Grabbed seven rebounds and tallied six points in UT's win over Chaminade in Maui (11/23/11).
- Totaled four points and two rebounds in 13 minutes off the bench vs. No. 6 Duke at the Maui Invitational (11/21/11).
- Had two rebounds, two blocks and one assist in 10 minutes of action while making his Tennessee debut in the season-opener vs. UNC Greensboro (11/11/11).
- Moved to the United States in January 2010 to attend Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., and transferred to Word of God Christian Academy in Raleigh, N.C. for the 2010-11 academic year.
- Graduated from Word of God in May of 2011 and was coached there by Quentin Jackson.
- On a team that featured two other NCAA Division I signees, Makanjuola averaged 12.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game as a senior.
- The Holy Rams posted a 24-3 record in 2011 while advancing to the semifinals of the NCISAA Class A tournament.
- Was twice named a top-five prospect at the Giants of Africa Big Man Camp (2008 and 2009), and he also took part in the Nigerian Top 50 Camp those same years.
- Participated in the 2008 NBA Basketball Without Borders camp in South Africa as well as the 2009 adidas Futures Camp in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Born Oct. 22, 1992, in Lagos, Nigeria
- Full name is Yemi Ibrahim Makanjuola
- Name pronounced: YEH-mee MACK-in-JEW-luh
- Academic major: Sport Management
- His athletic role model is fellow Nigerian and former NBA center Olumide Oyedeji; Makanjuola has said that his relationship with Oyedeji and attending Oyedeji's basketball camps has helped make him a better player as well as a better person.
- Has played soccer all his life and also enjoys playing ping-pong.
- Is Tennessee's second men's basketball player from Nigeria, joining former Vols forward Emmanuel Negedu (Kaduna, Nigeria), who lettered during the 2008-09 season.
- Recipient of the John Stokely Family Athletic Endowment.