Jan. 4, 2012
BY THE NUMBERS
3: Trae Golden scored 20-plus points for the third time this season with a game-high 22.
11: Trae Golden scored in double-figures for the 11th time in 14 games this season.
25.5: Trae Golden is averaging 25.5 points in his last two games including a career-high tying 29 vs. Chattanooga on Monday.
61.3: Trae Golden is shooting 61.3 over the last two games from the floor (19-of-31).
11 am: The Vols return to action on Saturday as they host No. 13/14 Florida in an early game with an 11 a.m. start.
- Two days after tying his career-high with 29 points vs. Chattanooga, Trae Golden scored a game-high 22 points against Memphis.
- Golden has 51 points (25.5 over the last year games) after his third game with 20-plus points this season.
- Golden shot 8-of-14 from the floor and is now 19-of-31 over the last two games for 61.3 percent from the floor.
- Golden scored in double-figures for the 11th time in 14 games this season and his career.
- The Vols scored a season-low 51 points. The previous low was 56 vs. Pittsburgh (12/4/11).
- Tennessee also shot a season-low 36.2 from the floor. The previous low was on Monday vs. Chattanooga at 39.7 percent.
- The rebound mark of 26 was also the lowest of the season. The previous low was 31 in the opener vs. UNC Greensboro in the opener (11/11/11).
- Tennessee had just six players score points and only one in double-figures (Golden).
NOTING THE SERIES
- Tennessee is now 14-10 against the Tigers all-time, dating to 1969. This game was the second between the teams this season, as Memphis topped Tennessee, 99-97 in double overtime on Nov. 22, 2011 in Maui.
- The Vols are now 47-38 all-time against Conference USA schools.
- Tennessee returns home to host No. 13/14 Florida on Saturday at 11 a.m. to open SEC play. The early-rise game will air on ESPN2 and can be heard on the Vol Network.