Jan. 15, 2014
- With the 78-67 win - the Vols (11-5, 2-1) sixth straight victory vs. Auburn (8-6, 0-3) - Tennessee now leads the all-time series 73-37, dating to 1927.
- The Volunteers have now won eight in a row against the Tigers at home and lead the all-time series in Knoxville by a 44-7 margin. Auburn's last win in Rocky Top was on Jan. 7, 1998.
- Tonight also marked the 50th win at Tennessee for head coach Cuonzo Martin. In his third season, Martin is now 50-33 at UT.
- The Vols' head coach also moves to 3-0 against the Auburn Tigers.
- Today's starters: G Antonio Barton, G Jordan McRae, G Josh Richardson, F Jeronne Maymon and F Jarnell Stokes.
- Stokes made his 58th straight start and McRae started his 48th in a row.
- This starting lineup moves to 9-4 on the season.
- Junior guard Josh Richardson knocked down the first bucket for the Vols, a 3-pointer from the right wing 1:06 into the game.
- Sophomore guard Derek Reese was the first to enter the game for the Vols, checking in for Maymon with 17:59 to go in the first half.
- Tennessee started the game on a 13-4 run.
STOKES ADDS ANOTHER DOUBLE-DOUBLE
- With 14 points and 14 rebounds tonight, junior Jarnell Stokes logged his eighth double-double of the season.
- The forward also extended his lead in the conference as the league's active career leader in the category with 26.
- Stokes moved up to ninth all-time on Tennessee's career double-double list. Hall of Famer Bernard King, who was in attendance tonight, is the record holder with 62 career double-doubles, which he did in 76 career games.
- Stokes' 16 double-doubles last season rank tied for eighth on Tennessee's single-season list.
DOUBLE FIGURE FELLAS
- Led by Jordan McRae, the Volunteers had all five starters score in double figures on Wednesday night.
- The last time the Vols had all five starters score in double figures was in a 77-58 win against Arkansas on Feb. 15, 2012.
- Senior guard Jordan McRae was Tennessee's high scorer, finishing with 21 points against the Tigers. It's his eighth 20-point game of the season and 20th of his career. McRae now has 14th double-figure scoring games this season and 51 in his 93-game career.
- Junior guard Josh Richardson's 15-point performance marked the eighth time this season with 10 or more points. Entering the 2013-14 season, the Edmond, Okla., native had just 10 double-digit efforts in 67 games. Richardson was 7-of-11 from the floor.
- With the double-double, Jarnell Stokes has registered 12 double-figure scoring efforts this season and 42 over his 66-game career. He was also 6-for-6 from the free throw line.
- Despite fouling out with 2:43 to go in the game, redshirt senior Jeronne Maymon registered his seventh 10-plus scoring effort of the season with 11 points. He now has 33 double-figure games in 72 career games. Maymon added eight rebounds.
- With two late free throws, Antonio Barton put all five starters in double figures. Barton finished with 11 points points. It's his eighth double-digure performance as a Vol.
WIRE-TO-WIRE WINS Never trailing in the contest, the Vols recorded their 10th wire-to-wire win under head coach Cuonzo Martin.
It's the fifth time this season UT has had a wire-to-wire win.
Wire-to-Wire Wins Under Martin
Date, Opponent, Score
Jan. 15, 2014, Auburn, 78-67
Jan. 4, 2014, Tusculum College, 98-51
Dec. 30, 2013, Virginia, 87-52
Nov. 22, 2013, Tennessee State, 88-67
Nov. 18, 2013, The Citadel, 86-60
Nov. 26, 2012, Oakland, 77-50
March 13, 2012, Savannah St., 65-51
Feb. 25, 2012, South Carolina, 73-64
Dec. 29, 2011, The Citadel, 86-55
Nov. 11, 2011, UNCG, 92-63
VOLS HOLD ANOTHER BELOW 70
- Holding the Tigers to exactly 67 points on the night, Tennessee has allowed just two opponents to score more than 67 points this season (UTEP 78 and Wichita State 70).
- Tennessee's scoring defense now stands firm at 61.9 ppg - good for third in the SEC.
HALFTIME LEAD BODES WELL FOR UT
- Under third-year head coach Cuonzo Martin, the Volunteers improve to 37-8 (.822) in games it led at halftime. UT led 33-28 at the break today.
UP NEXT: #13 KENTUCKY
- Tennessee travels to Lexington, Ky., to take on No. 13 Kentucky (12-4, 2-1) at Rupp Arena on Saturday, Jan. 18. (CBS/Noon E.T.)
- Last season, UT defeated the Wildcats 88-58 - the largest win for the Vols ever over UK. The Vols last won in Lexington, 75-67, on Feb. 7, 2006.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series, 149-67.