Jan. 31, 2012
THE KENTUCKY SERIES
- Tennessee is now 66-148 all-time against Kentucky in 214 meetings and the Wildcats have won five straight over the Vols.
- Despite UK's 86-16 series advantage in Lexington, Tennessee's 66 wins against the Wildcats are more than any other Kentucky opponent.
- This game marked the first time Cuonzo Martin has coached Tennessee at Rupp Arena. The Kentucky series is UT's oldest and most-played among SEC opponents.
- Renaldo Woolridge scored 15 of Tennessee's 25 first-half, all from downtown. Woolridge connected on five threes in the first half. Trailing 22-5, Woolridge scored 15 of UT's next 17 points, the lone exception a layup from Yemi Makanjuola.
- Additionally, Woolridge made five of UT's nine first-half field goals.
- Woolridge finished with a career-high 17 points on 6-of-9 shooting, including 5-of-6 from behind the arc.. His five three-point field goals were also a career-best, surpassing his previous high of four vs. Kansas (1/10/10).
- Kentucky connected on its first 11 field goals and jumped out to a 26-8 lead.
- Tennessee scored eight of the next 10 points to trim UK's lead to 28-16.
- The Vols' 13-point halftime deficit was their second-largest all season.
ON THE OFFENSIVE
- Tennessee pulled down nine offensive rebounds in the first-half and finished the game with 13. The Vols have grabbed double-digit offensive boards in five consecutive games.
- Over their last three games, the Vols are averaging 14 offensive rebounds per contest.
MAYMON'S SECOND HALF
- After being held scoreless in the first half, Jeronne Maymon scored Tennessee's first seven points of the second stanza and finished with 13, good for second on the team behind only Woolridge.
- Trae Golden scored Tennessee's first five points on UT's only two field goals of the game's opening 8:54. The Wildcats held Golden scoreless for the remainder of hte contest, however.
- The Vols return home to Thompson-Boling Arena to face Georgia on Saturday, Feb. 4 at 8 p.m. The game will be televised on FS South.
- Tennessee and Georgia met in Athens on Jan. 18, a 57-53 overtime loss for the Vols. Trae Golden led UT with 16 points.