Feb. 25, 2012
BY THE NUMBERS
3: Tennessee had its third wire-to-wire win this season. The others came vs. UNC Greensboro and The Citadel.
7: Trae Golden scored in double-figures for the seventh game in a row with 21.
10: Jeronne Maymon scored in 10 or more points for the 10th game in a row as he finished with 14.
11: Tennessee has beaten South Carolina 11 times in a row.
1,834: Tennessee last lost to South Carolina 1,834 days ago on Feb. 17, 2007 in Columbia.
- With the win, Tennessee moved into a tie with Alabama for fourth place in the SEC standings at 8-6. Vanderbilt is in third at 9-5. Tennessee finishes the regular-season hosting the Commodores on March 3 after playing at LSU (7-7) on Wednesday night.
- The Vols picked up their first wire-to-wire win of the season in the SEC and third game this season that Tennessee didn't trail. UT scored the first basket and didn't trail in their season-opener vs. UNC Greensboro (11/11/11) as well as the game against The Citadel (12/29/11).
11 WINS IN ROW VS GAMECOCKS
- Tennessee now has an 11-game win streak over South Carolina, which is UT's longest active win streak over any SEC opponent as well as the longest win streak in the series by either team.
GOLDEN SCORING TOUCH
- Sophomore Trae Golden finished with 21 points for his 21st game in double-figures this season and in his career. He has reached 10 points or more in seven games in a row and eight of his last nine outings.
- Golden scored 20-plus points for the fifth game this season and of his career. The last came at Mississippi State (1/12/12) with 20.
- His total vs. USC was a new SEC career-high.
McRAE POURING POINTS IN
- Jordan McRae continued his late-season resurgence with 16 points. McRae has scored in double-figures in four of the last five games, averaging 12.8 ppg in those five contests.
- McRae now has 13 games this season and in his career in double-figures.
McRAE CAREER-HIGH IN REBOUNDS
- Jordan McRae set a career-high in rebounds with eight. His previous high of six was set four times, most recently against Ole Miss in UT's last game.
MAYMON KEEPS SCORING
- Jeronne Maymon scored in double-figures for the 10th consecutive game and 21st time this season with 14.
- He has also scored at least 12 points in every SEC game this year.
TATUM'S FIRST ROAD SEC TREY
- Senior Cameron Tatum opened the scoring in the second half with a 3-pointer that was the first trey made in a road SEC game this season for Tatum. He had been 0-of-12 in six previous road SEC games.
TATUM DOING A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
- Tatum had nine rebounds, one shy of his career-high in rebounds. He set his career-high with 10 against Pitt (12/3/11) earlier this season.
- Tatum tied his career-high with six assists. He set his high of six vs. Chattanooga (1/2/12).
THE SOUTH CAROLINA SERIES
- Tennessee leads the all-time series 37-23. The Vols have won 24 of the last 32 meetings between the schools. The 59 meetings between the teams mark the second-fewest against SEC opponents (Arkansas 30).
- UT's current 11-game win streak is the longest in the series by either team, and the Vols also have won 10 straight over the Gamecocks in Knoxville.
- The Vols last lost to South Carolina 1,834 days ago on Feb. 17, 2007 at Columbia, falling 81-64.
- Tennessee has now swept the season series from South Carolina nine times since the Gamecocks joined the SEC in 1991-92.
- South Carolina leads the series 14-12 when it is played in Columbia
- Skylar McBee, Trae Golden, Cameron Tatum, Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes composed UT's starting lineup for the fourth straight game. The Vols are now 3-1 with those five starting. Tatum and Maymon are the only Vols to start all 29 games.
"ON THE LINE"
- Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin continued to wear a blue bow tie, and his staff wore "ON THE LINE" lapel buttons during Saturday's game vs. South Carolina in support of "Statement Week," as part of a national effort to educate African-American men on the increased risk of Prostate Cancer.
- It was the third game in a row the staff donned the meaningful attire.
- Tennessee plays its final regular-season road game of the year at LSU on Wednesday night at 9 p.m. That game airs on CSS and the Vol Network.
- The Vols return home for their regular-season finale on Saturday, March 3 as Tennessee hosts Vanderbilt at 4 p.m., in an ESPN-televised game.