March 1, 2009
- Tennessee improves to 18-10 (9-5 SEC); Florida falls to 21-8 (8-6 SEC) on the year.
- The Vols and Gators both entered the game unranked in both the Associated Press and USA Today polls.
- Tennessee returns to action March 5 when it travels to Columbia, S.C., to take on South Carolina. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. ET. The game will be televised by ESPN.
- Tennessee now leads the all-time series with Florida 68-48.
- Florida leads the all-time series in Gainesville 30-24 but UT has now won four of its last five meetings at Florida.
- Tennessee head coach 's Bruce Pearl record now stands at 95-34 (.736) in 4 seasons with the Vols. His overall record is now 412-118 (.777) in 17 seasons as a head coach.
- Pearl's record against Florida now stands at 7-1 (.875).
- The victory puts UT's record at 3-1 this season on the road at SEC Eastern Division opponents. Pearl now owns a 12-7 (.632) record on the road at SEC Eastern Division opponents and has had a winning road record against the Eastern Division in three of his four seasons at UT.
- Tyler Smith led UT with 19 points. It is the 15th time this season and 21st of his career where Smith led UT in scoring. The Pulaski native also had seven rebounds and three assists.
- Wayne Chism scored 18 points, 11 in the second half.
- Brian Williams finished with six points on 3-of-3 shooting and also tied his career-high with two steals.
- J.P. Prince and Cameron Tatum tied for team-high honors with five assists each.
- The Vols shot 30-of-57 (52.6%) from the field for the game, including 10-of-19 (.526) from 3-point range.
- The Vols finished with six turnovers for the game.
- Tennessee led at the half 45-33. The 12-point halftime lead is UT's largest on the road this season. UT is now 15-2 when it leads at halftime.
- This is the fourth time in 10 road games that UT led at halftime. The Vols won the first three. (Middle Tennessee, Georgia and Vanderbilt)
- Tennessee did not commit its first turnover of the game until the 9:20 mark of the first half. They only had three the entire half.
- The Vols went on a 20-5 midway through the first half to take a 29-14 lead.
- UT shot 7-of-9 (.778) from 3-point range in the first half. Bobby Maze, Tyler Smith and Josh Tabb were all 2-of-2 from 3-point range.
- Tyler Smith led UT with 10 points in the first half. Overall, seven of the 10 Vols who played in the half scored. Scotty Hopson UT's leading scorer the past two games did not score in the first half.
- Cameron Tatum had a career-high five assists in the first half. He's had three assists twice in his career, most recent earlier this season against UNC-Asheville.
- The first free throw attempt by either team occurred with 1:13 left in the first half.
- Florida was only called for one foul in the first half.
- Florida outscored the Vols 13-0 on second chance points.
- Wayne Chism shot UT's first free throw at the 11:31 mark of the second half.
- Brian Williams started the second half for UT in place of Wayne Chism.
- Tennessee's starting lineup consisted of Wayne Chism, Scotty Hopson, Bobby Maze, J.P. Prince and Tyler Smith. This is UT's most commonly used starting lineup and they are now 6-2 on the season.