March 15, 2014
VOLS IN SEC TOURNAMENT
* The Vols are 62-50 (.554) all-time in the SEC Tournament.
* Since the tournament was renewed in 1979, the Vols are 27-35 (.435).
* The Vols have reached the SEC Tournament Championship for the first time since 2009 (lost to Mississippi State in Tampa).
* Tennessee's four SEC Tournament titles are the third-most of any league member.
* Only Kentucky (27) and Alabama (6) have won the SEC Tournament more times than Tennessee.
* Only Kentucky (119 wins) has more SEC Tournament victories than the Vols (62).
* UT's .554 winning percentage in the SEC Tournament is third-best in the league.
* This is the 14th time the SEC Tournament has been held in Atlanta and the 11th time it has been played at the Georgia Dome.
* The Vols own a 10-14 SEC Tournament record in the city of Atlanta.
* UT owns a 6-10 (.375) all-time record in the Georgia Dome, with all those contests taking place in the SEC Tournament.
* Tennessee has been the No. 4 seed in the SEC Tournament just twice previously (1980 and 1990).
* The Vols have not won the SEC Tournament since 1979 in Birmingham, Ala. Current Vol Network radio analyst Bert Bertelkamp was a member of that team.
VOLS VS. #1
* The Vols are now 4-13 all-time vs. the AP #1 team in America. Tennessee has won four of the last seven games vs. the No. 1.
MARTIN IN MARCH
* Cuonzo Martin is 5-6 in conference tournaments as a head coach (three MVC Tournaments and two SEC Tournaments).
* This is UT's 24th all-time 20-win season and the second 20-win campaign under third-year coach Cuonzo Martin. * Under third-year head coach Cuonzo Martin, Tennessee is 10-6 in rematch games including a 3-3 mark this season. * Under second-year head coach Cuonzo Martin, Tennessee is 47-11 (.810) in games it led at halftime.
Tennessee was just the second team this season to lead Florida by double-figures in a game. Wisconsin led Florida by 11 back on Nov. 12 on the way to a Badgers' 59-53 victory. That was the first of just two losses this season for Florida.
Tennessee held a 35-28 lead at halftime, just the eighth time this season, the Gators trailed at intermission. The last was on Feb. 19 vs. Auburn (down 38-30), but Florida rallied to win 71-66 .
Florida is now 6-2 when trailing at intermission.
DOME, NOT SO SWEET HOME
* Tennessee's three major athletic programs own a combined 10-17 (.371) record at the Georgia Dome.
* In addition to the men's basketball team's 6-10 all-time record there, the Vols football program also has struggled in that venue.
* The Vols own a 3-6 gridiron record at the Dome. The football program had lost six straight at the Dome from 2001-09 before winning in its most recent appearance, a 35-21 victory over NC State in the 2012 Chick-fil-A Kickoff (Aug. 31, 2012).
* The Lady Vols basketball program owns a .500 record at the Georgia Dome, splitting its only two appearances there.
* Tennessee is 13-15 (.464) all-time in domes.
* The Vols are 6-3 in the Superdome, 6-10 in the Georgia Dome, 1-1 in the Edward Jones Dome and 0-1 in the Alamodome.
Martin started guard Jordan McRae, guard Josh Richardson, guard Antonio Barton, forward Jeronne Maymon, forward Jarnell Stokes for the sixth game in a row. This was Tennessee first loss since returning to this lineup.
Tennessee is now 15-7 with that starting line-up.
* Antonio Barton started for the sixth game in a row -- coinciding with the Vols five-game win streak -- after coming off the bench for eight games in a row. He made his 24th start of the season, in his only season as a Vol.
Stokes made his 75th consecutive start, dating to February of 2012. He has started 80 of his 83 career games.
McRae has started all 33 games this season along with Stokes. In his career, McRae has 70 starts.
The Tennessee defense held Florida to 56 points, the 52nd time in the last 64 games that the Vols have held their opponent to under-70 points dating to last season.
The 56 points were the second-fewest by Florida this season. Only Wisconsin held them to fewer (53 on Nov. 12, in a 59-53 Badger win).
Over the last four games, the Vols' defense has held foes to an average of 47.4.
STOKES DOING WORK
Junior Jarnell Stokes (13 points) has scored in double-figures 15 games in a row.
Jarnell Stokes continued to add to his Tennessee career leading total of offensive rebounds with four in the game. Stokes now has 319 in his career. Second on the list is Wayne Chism (302).
Stokes fourth in the nation averaging 4.5 offensive rebounds per game.
McRAE MOVES UP SCORING CHART
Senior guard Jordan McRae finished with 15 points.
It's McRae's 28th double-digit performance of the season and his 13th in 14 games.
McRae has scored in double-figures in 66 of his 110 career games.
McRae is now 16th on the Tennessee career scoring list at 1,442 career points. He moved Ron Widby (1,432).
Next on the list is Ron Slay with 1,569 points.