March 20, 2013
- Mercer extends its series lead with the Vols to 4-1
- The Bears now lead the series 2-1 in Knoxville
- Mercer's first three wins over the Vols came between 1913 and 1924
- The Vols made their 32nd postseason appearance and 13th NIT appearance.
- The Bears advance to play BYU this weekend in Provo, Utah
END OF AN ERA
- Four players took part in their final games as Vols against Mercer, Kenny Hall, Skylar McBee, Dwight Miller and Rob Murphy.
- In their final games as Vols, McBee and Kenny Hall left Thompson-Boling Arena tallying three and two points respectively.
- McBee walked-on for the Vols during his freshman season and finished his career with 161 3-pointers made, 10th all-time.
- McBee also played in 131 career games on Rocky Top, third most among any Tennessee men's basketball players while Hall represented the Vols in 116 games.
- During their careers, the Vols are 53-17 (.757) in home games
SWEET SIXTEEN FOR STOKES
- With 14 points and 13 rebounds, Jarnell Stokes recorded his 16th double-double of the season, the most since Bernard King had 19 in 1976-77.
- His 16th double-double is the most by an SEC player this season passing LSU's Johnny O'Bryant who also had 15 in 2012-13.
- The sophomore's 12 offensive rebounds were the most of his career (8) and the most by a Vol since
- Tennessee started keeping offensive rebounds in 2001-02 season besting Jeronne Maymon's 10 against Ole Miss in the SEC tournament last season on March 9, 2012.
MOVIN' ON UP
- With his 13 rebounds tonight, Jarnell Stokes jumped up to eighth on the single season rebounding list with 318 rebounds this season in 32 games.
- Stokes passed Bernard King (308, 1974-75) early in the first half later passing Rob Jones (317, 1984-85) with his final rebound of the game.
THREEVUS FOR CHIEVOUS
- Quinton Chievous recorded his first multi-3-pointer game draining his fifth and sixth 3-pointers of season early in the first half.
- Chievous finished the game with seven points, giving him 24 points in the last four games. He recorded just 32 points first 18 games of season
- For the 19th time this season, Trae Golden notched double-digit points tallying 20 against the Bears.
- His 20 points also marked the sixth time this season that he has hit that threshold, and 12th time in his career.
- The Vols were 15-3 entering the game when Golden tallied over 10 points.