Nov. 11, 2011
BY THE NUMBERS
1: Cuonzo Martin won his first game as head coach of the Vols in his debut
8: Martin is the eighth-straight Vols head coach to win his first game on the sidelines.
15: The Vols made 15-of-24 from 3-point range, one shy of the school record.
29: Trae Golden scored a career-high 29 points in the win.
64.6: UT shot 64.6 from the floor tonight.
- UT coach Cuonzo Martin won his debut game on the sidelines for the Vols with a 92-63 victory over UNC Greensboro.
- Martin is the eighth straight Vols head coach to win his first game. ALl-time UT coaches are now 15-3 in their debut games.
Legendary Voice of the Vols John Ward was part of the pregame festivities as the Legend of the Gane.
- Trae Golden started for the second time in his career. Kenny Hall started for the fifth time in his career. Jeronne Maymon and Jordan McRae each started for the first time in their college careers. Tatum with his 44th start, more than all the others combined by 11 times!
- Sophomore Trae Golden set his career-high with 29 points. He equaled his previous best of eight points within the first seven minutes of the game and set it in the first nine minutes. Last season, he averaged 3.0 points per game.
- Golden scored in double-figures for the first time in his career.
- Golden set career-high in: points (29), assists (9), rebounds (6), field goals made (10), field goals attempted (14), 3-pointers made (9), 3-pointers attempted (9).
McRAE OF LIGHT
- Jordan McRae scored a career-high with 14. He passed his previous high of six, which he scored against Belmont (12/23/10).
- Jeronne Maymon scored a career-high 15 points surpassing his previous best of 10 vs. Memphis (1/5/11). It was his second-career game in double-figures.
- Maymon had his career-high in the first half alone with 11 at intermission.
- Renaldo Wooldridge scored in double-figures for the first time since his career-high 14 vs. Kansas (1/10/10) with 11 vs. UNCG.
- Wooldridge now has five career games in double-figures.
- With the 29-point margin of victory, the Vols had their largest win since a 39-point win over East Carolina on Nov. 20, 2009 in the U.S. Virginia Island Paradise Jam.
- The Vols bombed 15 3-pointers in the game. Last season's high was 12 set vs. Memphis (1/5/11).
- The school record for 3-pointers in a game was 16, accomplished five times, most recently vs. UNC Asheville (11/17/09).
NEARLY 50 NIFTY
- The Vols tallied 49 first-half points. That was one shy of last year's season best for the first half when UT scored 50 vs. Oakland (12/14/10).
- Tennessee shot 65 percent for the game including 63 percent in the first half. Last season's best shooting game was 56.3 against Pittsburgh (12/11/10).
- UNCG missed its first seven shots of the game.