Nov. 18, 2013
- The Vols remain perfect (5-0) against The Citadel and improve to 75-6 all-time against current members of the Southern Conference with the win.
- UT extends its win streak to 16 games against teams from the state of South Carolina and improves to 82-30 all-time against squads from The Palmetto State.
- Tennessee is now on a two-game home winning streak with tonight's win over the Bulldogs. The Vols went 13-4 at home in 2012-13.
- Tennessee improves to 4-0 all-time on Nov. 18, with wins over ETSU (2005), UT Martin (2008), UMass (2012) and now The Citadel.
- Today's starters: G Antonio Barton, G Jordan McRae, G Josh Richardson, F Jeronne Maymon, F Jarnell Stokes.
- Stokes made his 45th consecutive start, Richardson his 36th and McRae his 23rd. It's Maymon's 35th career start for the Vols.
- Stokes scored the first points of the game - a reverse layup after a low-post move just 20 seconds in the contest. Richardson had the assist.
- Stokes (4) and Maymon (4) combined to score eight of the Vols' opening 11 points.
McRAE LEADS THE WAY... AGAIN
- With a game-high 20 points, senior Jordan McRae led the way for the Vols. The guard has led UT in every game this season and now 21 times in his career.
- It was the 14th career 20-point scoring performance and the second this season for the Preseason All-SEC first-teamer.
- McRae went 7-of-12 from the field, including 3-of-5 from beyond the arc. He also tied a career high in blocks with three.
- Never trailing in the contest, the Vols recorded their sixth wire-to-wire win under Coach Cuonzo Martin.
Wire-to-Wire Wins Under Martin
Date, Opponent, Score
Nov. 18, 2013, The Citadel, 86-60
Nov. 26, 2012, Oakland, 77-50
March 13, 2012, Savannah St., 65-51
Feb. 25, 2012, South Carolina, 73-64
Dec. 29, 2011, The Citadel, 86-55
Nov. 11, 2011, UNCG, 92-63
- The Volunteers blanked the Bulldogs in fastbreak points, 15-0, won the battle in the paint, 38-16 and out-rebounded The Citadel by a 41-29 margin.
- Point guard Antonio Barton was the first to hit the 10-point mark for the Vols on Monday. Barton finished with 13 points on 5-of-7 shooting.
- Jordan McRae became the second Vol to hit double digits with a 20-foot jumper from the right wing with 2:21 left on the clock in the first stanza. Richardson finished with a game-high 20 points.
- Robert Hubbs III reached 10 points on a backdoor alley-oop with with 4:20 to go in the game. The rookie finished with 13 points.
80 POINTS ON OFFENSE, 70 ON DEFENSE
- With 86 points tonight, Cuonzo Martin coached teams improve to 19-3 when hitting the 80-point mark.
- Allowing just 60 points to the Bulldogs, UT has now held 26 of its last 36 opponents under 70 dating through last season.
VOLS DUNK TALLY (5)
- After stealing the ball on the defensive end, Josh Richardson took it coast-to-coast and threw down a left-handed slam on the fastbreak with 3:26 remaining in the first half.
- Freshman guard Robert Hubbs III scored the Vols final bucket of the first half on a two-handed slam on the baseline with 35 seconds to go in the period. Jordan McRae had the assist.
- Richardson added another on the backend of an alley-oop from Darius Thompson with 13:58 to go in the second half.
- Hubbs III also found himself on the backend of an alley-oop from Thompson with 4:20 to go in regulation.
- Thompson decided to get in on the action on his own, pickpocketing a Bulldog and taking it in for the right-handed slam to put UT up 77-51.
CAREER FIRSTS IN THE ORANGE & WHITE
- Vols freshman guard Darius Thompson scored his first career points on a coast-to-coast layup with 12:15 remaining in the first half. The Murfreesboro, Tenn., native finished with six points.
- Freshman guard/forward A.J. Davis hit his first career 3-pointer to put the Vols up 60-38 with 10:49 remaining on the clock. Davis' sister Kaela, who play for Georgia Tech, hit four treys in the Lady Vols 87-76 win over the Yellow Jackets on Sunday. His Dad Antonio only made 2-of-23 3-pointers in his 13-year NBA career.
- Behind double-digit halves from Jordan McRae (10) and Antonio Barton (10), Tennessee led the Bulldogs 45-28 after the first 20 minutes of play. The duo was a combined 4-of-5 from 3-point range at the break.
- The Volunteers used runs of 11-0, 9-0 and 6-0 to build a 28-10 lead at the 10:16 mark of the opening half.
HALFTIME LEAD BODES WELL FOR UT
- With a 45-28 lead at the half tonight, Tennessee improves to 29-6 (.829) under Cuonzo Martin when leading at the halfway point.
- This game was part of the 2013 Battle for Atlantis, which the Vols will continue in the Bahamas on Thanksgiving night, when Tennessee plays the first of three games at The Atlantis against UTEP on Nov. 28.
- Prior to that trip, the Vols will host Tennessee State on Friday, Nov. 22 at 7 p.m. That game will air on FOX Sports Net and can be heard on the Vol Network.
- UT leads the all-time series with Tennessee State, 3-0, dating to 1990. All previous meetings have taken place in Knoxville, but the programs haven't met since 2003.