Nov. 23, 2011
By The Numbers
2: Jeronne Maymon played just two minutes after a career-game against Memphis (32 pts, 20 reb).
3: Jordan McRae became the third Vol this season to score 25 or more points with his career-high.
15: The Vols made 15-of-27 on 3-pointers, the second time this season UT has made 15 3-pointers, one shy of the school record of 16, done five times
25: Jordan McRae set a new career-high with 25 points. His previous high was 14 vs. UNC Greensboro (11/11/11).
100: Yemi Makanjuola made all three of his field goal attempts in the game and is shooting 100 pct. for the year (6-of-6). from the floor.
McRAE OF SUNSHINE
- Playing early in the morning in Maui, Tennessee sophomore Jordan McRae posted a career-high with 25 points, making 9-of-12 from the floor. His previous career-high was 14, set in this season's opener vs. UNC Greensboro (11/11).
- McRae scored in double-figures for the third time this season and third time in his career.
- McRae was the third Vol to score at least 25 points in a game this season (Golden 29 vs. UNCG and Maymon 32 vs. Memphis)
- McRae also set new career-high in field goals made (9), field goals attempts (12), 3-point field goals made (5) and 3-pointers attempted (7).
- Trae Golden reached double-figure scoring for the fifth time in as many games this season with 17. Golden leads the Vols an 18.0 average. He is the only Vol to score in double-figures in all five games in 2011-12. Jeronne Maymon, saw his early streak end at four, due to his injury.
- Coming into the season, Golden had never scored more than eight points in a game.
- Golden also led the Vols in assists with seven.
YEMI CAN'T MISS
-Freshman bigman Yemi Makanjuola made all three of his shots and is a percent 100 percent on field goals this season, making 6-of-6 for his first 12 college points.
- He also led the Vols in rebounding for the first time in his career with seven boards.
- Cameron Tatum had his 36th career game and third this season in double-figures as he netted 12 points. It was his most this season, surpassing his 13-point effort vs. ULM (11/16/11).
- Junior Skylar McBee scored 10 points, making two 3-pointers for his second game this season and fifth in his career in double-figures.
- Jeronne Maymon, who became the first Vol since Steve Hamer in 1996 to have a 30-point, 20-rebound game as he posted 32 points and 20 rebounds against Memphis on Tuesday, played the first two minutes of the game vs. Chaminade, but sat out the final 38 minutes. He had a sore calf which limited him.
- The Vols had a strong shooting day, making 57.1 percent of their shots from the floor (32-of-56) including 58.3 in the second half.
- It was the second time this season the Vols shot better than 57 percent, joining the season opener vs. UNC Greensboro, when the Vols made 64.6 percent.
- The Vols had made 15-of-27 3-point field goals to mark the second time this season Tennessee has come within one of its school-record for trey in a game (16), set five times. The most recent occurrence was vs. UNC Asheville (11/17/09)
- The Vols had 20 assists on 32 baskets including a team-high seven by Trey Golden.
- Josh Richardson posted a career-high with three helpers.
- Wes Washpun also had a career-high in assists with four.
- The following Vols played late minutes: Galen Campbell (third-career game), Tyler Summitt (first game in 2011-12 and fifth college game), Rob Murphy (second-game of the season), Ryan Kilmartin (2011-12 debut and second college game) and Brandon Lopez (third-career game).