Nov. 28, 2011
By The Numbers
2: The Vols lost to Oakland for the second year in a row, falling by a nearly-identical 89-82 score last year in Knoxville
2: Oakland has lost just two of its last 45 games at the O'Rena as they stand 43-2 at home
10: The Vols had just one second-half turnover to give them just 10 for the game
15: Reggie Hamilton of Oakland was 15-of-15 from the free throw line
25: Jordan McRae scored a career-high 25 points for the second game in a row
- McRae scored a career-high 25 points for the second game as he also had 25 at Chaminade.
- It was his second game in a row and fourth time this season with double-figures. He had 13 points in the first half alone.
- It was McRae's second 20-point game in a row, as he had 25 vs. Chaminade.
- McRae was a perfect 8-of-8 from the foul line to set new career highs in both categories.
- Cameron Tatum had his 37th career game and fourth this season in double-figures as he netted 19 points. It was his most this season, surpassing his 13-point effort vs. ULM (11/16/11).
- Trae Golden reached double-figure scoring for the sixth time in as many games this season with 12. Golden leads the Vols an 17.0 average. He is the only Vol to score in double-figures in all six games in 2011-12.
YEMI CAN'T MISS ... THEN HE DOES
-Freshman bigman Yemi Makanjuola hit his first field goal of the night to give him a 7-for-7 start to his college career. He did miss his first field goal with 11 minutes left in regulation and finished the game 1-of-2. For the season, he is 7-of-8 (87.5 percent).
- Jeronne Maymon, who became the first Vol since Steve Hamer in 1996 to have a 30-point, 20-rebound game as he posted 32 points and 20 rebounds against Memphis last Tuesday, returned to full-time action after just two minutes vs. Chaminade.
- Maymon played 29 minutes and had eight points and team-best six rebounds vs. Oakland.