Dec. 18, 2013
- With a final margin of 65-58, NC State ended Tennessee's four-game home winning streak, dropping the Volunteers to 6-4 on the season.
- The Lady Vols are 23-12 all-time against the Longhorns.
- Now winners of six in a row, the Wolfpack improved its all-time series record against the Vols to 6-3 and is the first Atlantic Coast Conference to hand UT a loss this season (2-1).
- Tennessee is now 100-85 all-time against current ACC members.
- Today's starters: G Antonio Barton, G Jordan McRae, G Josh Richardson, F Jeronne Maymon, F Jarnell Stokes.
- That starting lineup is now 5-3 on the season.
- Stokes made his 52nd straight start, Richardson his 43rd and McRae his 42nd. It's Maymon's 41st career start. Barton has now started in nine of his first 10 games as a Vol.
- Maymon scored the first bucket for the Vols, converting an and-1 layup after an offensive board at the 18:15 mark. He hit the free throw.
BIG MEN LOG DOUBLE-DOUBLES
- Big men Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes picked up double-doubles in the same game for the second time this season (USC Upstate).
- Finishing with 17 points and 16 boards, it's Maymon's second double-double of the season and the 11th of his career. Both were season-highs for Maymon.
- Ten of Maymon's 16 rebounds came on the offensive end. He entered the contest averaging 3.6 offensive rebounds per game. His 10 offensive boards tie a career high. He had 10 vs. Ole Miss on March 9, 2012.
- Stokes returned to form in the second half against the Pack, finishing with 10 points and 13 boards for his sixth double-double of the season and the 24th of his career. He now has a double-double in 24 of 60 career games.
- Stokes is the Southeastern Conference's active leader in career double-doubles and he currently ranks second in the league this season with six.
- The Tennessee roster now collectively boasts 36 career double-doubles between Stokes (24), Maymon (11) and Jordan McRae (1).
McRAE CLIMBING THE CHART
- With 21 points on Wednesday night, senior guard Jordan McRae moved into 44th place on the Vols' all-time scoring list with 1,026 career points.
- 41st, Cameron Tatum (2007-12), 1,083
- 42nd, Bobby Croft (1967-70), 1,071
- 43rd, Rob Jones (1982-86), 1,070
- 44th, Jordan McRae (2010-Present), 1,026
- 45th, Gene Tormohlen (1956-59), 1,020
VOLS CONTINUE TO OWN OFFENSIVE GLASS
- Tennessee outrebounded the Wolfpack 20-13 on the offensive glass, with Jeronne Maymon's career-high tying 10 leading the way.
- The Vols entered the contest ranked 11th nationally and second in the SEC in offensive rebounds per game (15.4). Tonight's performance ups the mark to 15.9 per contest.
- Maymon and Jarnell Stokes combined for 15 offensive rebounds tonight. The duo entered the game averaging a combined 7.3 per contest.
SECOND HALF SURGE
- After being held to just four points in the opening half, senior Jordan McRae registered 17 points in the second period to finish with a team-high 21. It was the seventh time this season he has led the Vols in scoring.
- It's the sixth 20-point output of the season and the 18th career 20-point game for the SEC's second-leading scorer.
- The guard knocked down three 3-pointers and hit six of his eight free throw attempts in the second half. He also added three second-half steals.
- NC State shot an even 50 percent from the field (15-for-30) and held the Vols to a 24.1 percent mark (7-for-29) en route to a 37-20 lead at the halfway point.
- Jeronne Maymon led the Vols with 10 points on 3-of-5 shooting. Maymon and Jarnell Stokes each had five boards at the half.
- Tennessee's 20 points tied a season low in the first half. The Vols went 0-for-9 from 3-point range in the period.
UP NEXT: MOREHEAD STATE
- Tennessee remains at home to host Morehead State on Dec. 23 at Thompson-Boling Arena (7 p.m. ET, ESPNU).
- The Vols lead the all-time series with the Eagles 3-0, dating to 1983. All previous meetings have taken place in Knoxville.