Dec. 29, 2010
UT-UT-Martin Post-Game NotesDouble-Double
- Freshman Tobias Harris (Dix Hills, N.Y.) recorded the second double-double of his career, scoring 13 points and getting 10 rebounds off the bench.
- Harris made 5-of-6 free throws, including four in the final minute of the game. He scored eight points in the last three minutes.
- Senior Steven Pearl (Knoxville, Tenn.) made his first career start in place of freshman Tobias Harris. Winter weather delayed Harris' flight to campus and missed practices leading up to Wednesday's game.
- Pearl played 12 minutes with two assists.
Updating the Series
- The Vols now lead the all-time series with UT Martin 4-0.
- Tennessee is 46-1 against current members of the Ohio Valley Conference. Bruce Pearl is now 7-0 against the OVC.
- Wednesday's four-point victory snapped the Vols' streak of three-consecutive games decided by just one point.
- The Vols held UT Martin without a field goal the final 5:27 remaining in the game. Reuben Clayton made the Skyhawks' final basket, a three-pointer to give UT Martin a 55-53 lead.
- The Skyhawks scored just 26 points in the second half, the lowes point total against the Vols after halftime this season.
- In the first half, senior Brian Williams (Bronx, N.Y.) took his team-leading seventh charge of the season and 12th of his career.
- Junior Scotty Hopson (Hopkinsville, Ky.) led the Vols with 17 points. He made 3-of-5 3-pointers and all four free throw attempts. He has led the Vols in scoring seven times this season.
- Hopson continues to close in on several career marks. On Wednesday, he recorded at least 10 points for the 49th time in his career.
- He is also 49 points shy of scoring 1,000 in his UT career. He is seeking to become the 43rd Vol to reach that scoring mileston.
- Over the last three games, Hopson and Harris are a combined 37-for-41 from the free throw line, good for a .902 percentage. Hopson and Harris were a combined 9-for-10 against UT Martin.
The Sixth Man
- Tennessee enjoyed its best scoring production from the bench this season, finishing with 34 points. Part of this was because Tobias Harris did not start and had 13 points from the bench.
- UT Martin scored 33 points off the bench.
Return of Bone
- Senior Josh Bone (Nashville, Tenn.) returned to the court Wednesday from a fractured left wrist suffered in the exhibition against Brevard on Nov. 3. He played 10 minutes Wednesday.