Dec. 29, 2011
13: 13 different Vols scored in the win, a season-high including four in double figures.
18: Yemi Makanjuola scored 18 consecutive points for the Vols in the second half over a span of 8:43.
31: The Vols had a season-high win margin of +31, besting the +29 vs. UNC Greensboro in the opener (92-63).
39.3: Tennessee held The Citadel to just 39.3 from the floor, the second-best defensive effort to allowing Chaminade to 34.9 on 11/23/11.
YEMI'S CAREER NIGHT
- Freshman Yemi Makanjuola had his finest game as a Vol with a career-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. He shot 7-of-9 from the floor as he posted his first-career double-double.
- Makanjuola scored 18 straight points for the Vols over a span of 8:43 from 10:49 until a Dwight Miller dunk with 2:06.
- Coming into the game, Makanjuola had a total of 18 points in his first 11 college games.
- His had not scored in the previous two games and had a total of six points in the last five games combined.
- Makanjuola's previous career-high was six points set vs. Chaminade (11/23/11).
- His previous rebound high was seven vs. Chaminade.
JUST SHOOT BABY
- Tennessee shot 55.9 from the floor in the game, its third-highest mark of the year, behind a 64.6 outing vs. UNC Greensboro (11/11/11) in the season opener and 57.1 vs. Chaminade.
- The Vols shot 59.3 in the first half, the second-highest first-half percentage of the season, second only to 63.0 vs. Greensboro.
- For the second game in a row sharp-shooter Skylar McBee was red-hot from beyond the 3-point arc. He knocked down 4-of-8 from trifecta land and finished with 12. He was 4-of-5 in the first half, scoring all 12 points in the first 20 minutes.
- McBee has now scored in double-figures in four games this season and seven in his career.
- Trae Golden now has nine career games, all this season with double-figure points as he scored 10 in the win
WORLD OF WOOLRIDGE
- Renaldo Woolridge scored in double-figures for the fourth time this season and second time in three games with 10.
- It was also Woolridge's eighth-career game with 10 or more points.
- The Vols continued to get big scoring efforts by reserves as UT outscored The Citadel, 50-12 in bench points led by Yemi Makanjuola's 18.
- It was a season-high in bench points.
PAINTING THE TOWN ORANGE
- Tennessee outscored The Citadel 42-22 in the paint including 25-14 in the second half.
NOTING THE SERIES
- Tennessee are now 4-0 all-time against The Citadel, winning the previous three games in 1949, 1962 and 2003.
- The Vols' first sub vs. The Citadel was Renaldo Woolridge with 4:15 gone by in the first half.
- The Vols finish their four-game homestand as Tennessee hosts Chattanooga on Monday, Jan. 2 at 7 p.m. That game will be televised by SportSouth and heard statewide on the Vol Network.