Jan. 6, 2012
- Tennessee's January schedule features five games against current AP top-15 teams. Those teams boast a combined 51-8 record (.864).
- Tennessee's top performer against ranked foes this season has been junior forward Jeronne Maymon, who averages 19.3 points and 11.0 rebounds per game vs. teams ranked in the AP top 25.
- Florida is 8-1 this season when it forces 14 or more turnovers, and the Volunteers are averaging 13.1 turnovers per game.
- Through the games of Jan. 4, the Vols rank third in the SEC in assists (14.6 apg), 3-point percentage (.371), free-throw percentage (.708) and rebounding defense (33.1 rapg).
- On Dec. 23, five-star power forward Jarnell Stokes from Memphis, Tenn., signed with Tennessee. A consensus national top-20 prospect, Stokes will enroll for spring classes and will be eligible to play for the Vols upon clearance from the Southeastern Conference (he has been officially admitted to UT and cleared by the NCAA Eligibilty Center). Stokes turns 18-years-old Saturday.
- Sophomore point guard Trae Golden is shooting 61 percent from the floor since undergoing surgery for a broken nose on Dec. 30.
- Trae Golden leads the SEC in assists (5.3 apg) and ranks ninth in scoring (14.8 ppg).
- Tennessee owns an all-time record of 1,497-952-2 (.611). The program needs just three victories to reach the 1,500-win milestone.
The Florida Series
- This is the 122nd all-time meeting between the two schools, with Tennessee holding a 69-52 series advantage ... Florida has won four straight in the series and swept all three meetings last year ... Tennessee swept the home-and-home series in 2007- 08 and 2008-09 before splitting with the Gators in 2009-10 ... The Vols have won 10 of the last 16 meetings ... Tennessee leads the series 41-16 when playing in Knoxville ... UF has a 32-24 all-time edge when playing in Gainesville ... At neutral sites, the series is tied 4-4 ... Cuonzo Martin and Billy Donovan have never faced one another as head coaches.
Vols To Face 17 2012 NBA Draft Picks In January
- According to the website NBADraft.net, Tennessee will face 17 players--just during the month of January--who are projected to be selected in June's NBA Draft ... Put another way: this month, the Vols will oppose 28 percent of this summer's draftees ... To see the complete list, visit: nbadraft. net/2012mock_draft
Bench Bringing Offense At Home
- Tennessee is averaging exactly 30 points off the bench over its last four games ... In last week's win over The Citadel (12/29/11), UT's bench poured in 50 points ... Skylar McBee (7.5 ppg) and Renaldo Woolridge (6.5 ppg) are Tennessee's top two scorers off the bench.