Jan. 11, 2013
- This is Tennessee's third true road game of the season and its first game away from Knoxville since Dec. 5.
- Tennessee has just three wins in its last 10 visits to Tuscaloosa (1998, 2008, 2010).
- Alabama is one of only three SEC schools (along with Kentucky and Missouri) to lead its all-time series against the Volunteers.
- Tennessee (9) and Alabama (7) have combined to win 16 regular-season SEC Championships.
- Alabama opened SEC play Tuesday night, falling at Missouri 84-68.
- The Crimson Tide are 1-3 in true road games, with losses at Cincinnati, VCU and Mizzou and a win at Texas Tech.
- Prior to January, no Tennessee opponent had managed to score 70 points this season.
- Tennessee's rebounding margin this season stands at +3.9. But over the last three games the Vols have a -6.0 rebounding margin.
- The Vols are 7-2 when they attempt as many or more free throws than their opponent.
- Junior wing Jordan McRae has scored a career-high 26 points in back-to-back games. He is the first Vol to total 50 or more points in consecutive games against Division I opponents since Scotty Hopson in February of 2011 (55 points vs. South Carolina and Georgia).
Complete Game Notes