Jan. 17, 2012
- Tennessee has won 14 of its last 17 games against Georgia and also has triumphed in nine of its last 10 home games vs. the Bulldogs.
- The Vols' roster includes four Peach State natives, including starting guards Cameron Tatum (Lithonia) and Trae Golden (Powder Springs). That duo, along with Georgia natives Kenny Hall (Stone Mountain) and Jordan McRae (Midway), accounts for 56 percent of UT's scoring and 70 percent of the team's assists this season.
- Tennessee's Trae Golden and UGA's Dustin Ware share the same hometown (Powder Springs, Ga.)
- Former Tennessee head coach Ray Mears perfected beating the Bulldogs, notching a 25-4 all-time record against Georgia during his tenure on The Hill (1962-78), including a string of 14 consecutive wins spanning eight years. He won nine times in Athens..
- Senior guard Cameron Tatum is just 35 points shy of scoring his 1,000th career point. He will become the 44th all-time member of UT's 1,000 Point Club and the third from Georgia
- Tennessee is shooting .503 as a team--including a .433 shooting percentage from 3-point range--in its eight wins this season. The Vols are shooting .421 as a team in their nine losses.
- Junior forward Jeronne Maymon is UT's top scorer and rebounder in SEC play, averaging 13.3 points and 7.0 boards per game. He logged his team-high fifth double-double of the season Saturday.
- Freshman power forward Jarnell Stokes first practiced with the Vols on Monday, Jan. 9, and he made his collegiate debut Saturday vs. second-ranked Kentucky. Stokes made his first four field-goal attempts against the Wildcats and finished with nine points and four rebounds in 17 minutes.
The Georgia Series
- Tennessee and Georgia will meet for the 145th time Wednesday ... The Volunteers lead the all-time series 92-52, dating to 1913 ... Tennessee owns a 54-14 edge when facing UGA in Knoxville, but UT trails the series 34-33 in Athens ... The Vols had a nine-game home win streak in the series snapped last season ... The Dogs are 8-15 in UT's Thompson-Boling Arena ... The Vols are 23-26 all-time against Georgia in Stegeman Coliseum ... UT's 92 wins over the Bulldogs are the second-most by the Vols over any opponent ... Cuonzo Martin and Mark Fox have no previous head-to-head coaching meetings.
Vols Offense Powered By The Peach State
- Tennessee has four contributors from the state of Georgia, and those four Vols--Trae Golden, Jordan McRae, Cameron Tatum and Kenny Hall--account for 56.0 percent of the team's total scoring (40.8 ppg) ... Golden, McRae, Tatum and Hall also account for 69.6 percent of UT's assists (167 of 240, or 9.8 apg).
Richardson Playing Like A Veteran Defensively
- Since being promoted to the starting lineup for the start of SEC play, true freshman guard Josh Richardson has elevated his already-stellar efforts on the defensive end ... Richardson is tied for second on the team with 14 blocks this season, and he ranks fourth on the team in steals with 12 ... In SEC play, Richardson's 1.67 blocks per game rank third among all league freshmen.