Jan. 17, 2013
- Second-year UT head coach Cuonzo Martin and first-year MSU coach Rick Ray share a Purdue connection. See note on Page 3.
- The last Mississippi native to suit up for the Volunteers was Torrey Harris (1996-99).
- MSU starting guard Jalen Steele is a Knoxville native and graduated from Fulton High School.
- Tennessee's average home attendance currently ranks tied for eighth nationally (16,573).
- UT has held 12 of 15 opponents to fewer than 70 points this season. MSU averages 61.9 ppg.
- In SEC play, Vols junior Jordan McRae ranks second in the league in scoring (23.3 ppg) and sixth in field-goal percentage (.522).
- McRae has scored 20+ points in four straight games, becoming the first Vol to do so since All-American shooting guard Chris Lofton scored 20 or more points in five straight games in 2008.
- Kenny Hall will play in his 100th game Saturday. In two career games against Mississippi State, Hall averages 9.0 ppg on 8-of-12 shooting (.667).
- 2012 National League RBI leader, Gold Glove winner and Silver Slugger honoree Chase Headley will be recognized during today's game.
- UT's new football coaching staff also will be introduced on the floor during today's game.
Complete Game Notes