Jan. 21, 2013
TENNESSEE VS. OLE MISS
Jan. 24, 2013 | 7 p.m. ET
Tad Smith Coliseum | Oxford, Miss.
GAME PREVIEW: OLE MISS
- Tennessee heads to Oxford, Miss., seeking its first true road win of the season. The Rebels have won three of the last four meetings in Oxford.
- Second-year head coach Cuonzo Martin has led the Vols to four wins over opponents ranked in the top 25 of the AP poll. And Tennessee has already defeated the AP's No. 23 team once this season (Wichita State on Dec. 13).
- Ole Miss is the only SEC opponent against which the Vols have a winning record on its homecourt. Tennessee has a 25-22 series edge in Oxford.
- UT has held 13 of 16 opponents to fewer than 70 points this season. Ole Miss ranks third nationally in scoring, averaging 82.4 ppg.
- During UT's recent four-game losing streak, the Vols gave up an average of 14.8 "points off turnovers." Against MSU Saturday, Tennessee had an 18-4 advantage in "points off turnovers."
- UT had a season-high 19 assists Saturday vs. MSU.
- The Volunteers are shooting .467 as a team over the last three games.
- In SEC play, Vols junior Jordan McRae ranks second in the league in scoring (20.5 ppg) and tied for eighth in field-goal percentage (.500).
- In three career games vs. Ole Miss, Jarnell Stokes averages 10.0 points and 10.0 rebounds.
- Tennessee remains just one of two teams to have beaten No. 20 Wichita State this season. The Shockers (17-2) are 15th in the latest NCAA RPI. That Vol victory is the best win, RPI-wise, by an SEC team this season.
- Tennessee currently ranks seventh nationally in average home attendance (16,686).
Complete Game Notes