Jan. 25, 2013
- Tennessee looks to snap Alabama's three-game win streak in the series while also starting a home winning streak of its own Saturday.
- Tennessee currently ranks seventh nationally in average home attendance (16,686).
- UT head coach Cuonzo Martin and his staff will wear "Suits and Sneakers" Saturday as part of the NABC's Coaches vs. Cancer weekend.
- A cancer survivor, Martin had his professional playing career cut short due to a bout with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He received his last treatment April 20, 1998, and is now in full remission.
- Alabama is riding a four-game win streak that includes victories over Tennessee, Mississippi State, Texas A&M and Kentucky.
- Alabama won this season's first meeting, posting a 68-65 victory in Tuscaloosa Jan. 12. The Vols lost despite a 40-25 edge in rebounding.
- Tennessee Vice Chancellor/Director of Athletics Dave Hart graduated from Alabama in 1971 and was a two-year basketball letterman for the Tide. See note on Page 3 for more.
- In SEC play, Vols junior Jordan McRae ranks second in the league in scoring (21.6 ppg) and fifth in field-goal percentage (.493).
- Despite losing Thursday at No. 23 Ole Miss, the Vols held the high-powered Rebels' offense without a field goal for 9:59 in the first half.
Complete Game Notes