Jan. 26, 2012
- The Vols are looking to extend their current six-game him win streak over Auburn. Tennessee is 13-2 against the Tigers in Thompson-Boling Arena, with the lone setbacks coming in 1991 and 1998.
- When Tennessee hosted Auburn 25 years ago in Stokely Athletics Center, Tony White set a UT single-game record with 51 points--and that record still stands. The Vols won that game 103-84 on Feb, 14, 1987. White ranks third in Tennessee history and sixth in SEC history with 2,219 career points.
- Freshman power forward Jarnell Stokes is the reigning SEC Freshman of the Week after averaging 13.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in games against Georgia and defending national champion UConn.
- Just four games into his college career, Stokes already averages close to a double-double with 10.5 points and a team-high 8.5 rebounds per game. He has started each of the last two games.
- Tennessee's victory over defending national champion UConn last Saturday was the program's 1,499th all-time victory, so the Vols are looking to reach the 1,500-win milestone.
- Since SEC play began on Jan. 7, the Volunteers' bench has been outscoring the opponents' bench by 13.5 points per game. Tennessee has had the edge in bench scoring in 11 of its last 12 games.
- The Vols have held three elite teams to their lowest scoring output of the season. Tennessee held Florida to 56 points, Kentucky to 65 points and UConn to 57 points. In their last six games, the Vols are holding their opponents to an average of 60.3 points (four of those opponents were ranked).
- Tennessee currently ranks sixth nationally in average home attendance (17,046). The Vols are riding a streak of five consecutive seasons with a national top-five finish in attendance.
The Auburn Series
- This will be the 108th all-time meeting between Tennessee and Auburn ... Tennessee leads the alltime series 70-37 ... UT has won 11 of the last 15 meetings overall ... The Tigers hold a 26-22 series advantage in Auburn ... The Vols lead the series 43-7 in Knoxville (13-2 in Thompson-Boling Arena) ... UT has won nine of the last 10 meetings on Rocky Top, including each of the last six ... The Vols outscore the Tigers by 19.8 ppg (89.5 to 69.7) during the current six-game home win streak in this series ... This is the first time Tennessee's Cuonzo Martin and Auburn's Tony Barbee have faced off as head coaches.
Golden Distribution Breakdown
- Point guard Trae Golden has 99 assists this season and leads the SEC with 5.0 assists per game ... His assists have led directly to 234 Tennessee points, or 16.8 percent of the team's points this season ... Of the 234 points Golden's assists have generated, 20.5 percent (48 points) have been scored by guard Cameron Tatum ... 19.7 percent of Goldengenerated scoring has come from guard Jordan McRae (46 points) ... Golden's dishes have led to 42 points for both Jeronne Maymon and Skylar McBee ... 42 of Golden's 99 assists have led directly to 3-point baskets, and 61.2 percent of his total assists have come during the second half of games.
Big Boost Off Bench Recently
- Since SEC play began on Jan. 7, Tennessee's bench has outscored its opponents' bench by 13.5 ppg (19.7 to 6.2) ... UT's bench has enjoyed an advantage in bench points in 11 of its last 12 games ... In Tennessee's wins, its bench owns a 27.2 to 9.9 scoring edge over the opposition's backups ... Beginning with the Vols' SEC opener vs. Florida, forward Kenny Hall (6.8 ppg) and guard Jordan McRae (8.6 ppg) have been coming off the bench ... Skylar McBee is the third-leading bench scorer with 5.9 ppg.