Jan. 30, 2014
- According to ESPN's InsideRPI, Tennessee is one of three SEC teams boasting top-10 status in overall "strength of schedule. Alabama is rated second, Kentucky is fourth and UT is eighth.
- In its 65-62 loss at Alabama last season, Tennessee fell victim to a 10-0 Crimson Tide run late in the second half. Trevor Releford scored all 15 of his points in the second half, including two free throws to seal the game with 7.5 second left.
- Alabama starting guard Levi Randolph attended the same high school as former UT guard Jordan Howell, who lettered from 2005-08 (Bob Jones HS in Madison, Ala.).
- Alabama freshman Shannon Hale is a native of Johnson City, Tenn., who attended Science Hill High School and played AAU ball for the Tennessee Travelers. Hale was an AAU teammate of current Vols Brandon Lopez and Galen Campbell for one summer.
- Tennessee Vice Chancellor/Director of Athletics Dave Hart played basketball at Alabama for head coach C.M. Newton from 1969-70 before graduating in 1971.
- Hart met his wife, Pam, while at Alabama. She is a 1970 graduate.
- Hart earned his master's degree from Alabama in 1972 while working as a graduate assistant basketball coach there.
- Prior to his hiring at UT, Hart worked as Executive Director of Athletics at Alabama from Aug. 2008-Sept. 2011.
- Tennessee is seeking its 10th win at Coleman Coliseum, as the Vols own a 9-26 all-time record in the facility.
- The Vols have posted wins in just two of their last eight games at Coleman.
- The Big Orange won in their first-ever trip to Coleman, posting a 70-43 victory over the Tide on Jan. 25, 1969. The venue was then known as "Memorial Coliseum."
- Tennessee also won at Coleman in 1970, 1971, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1998, 2008 and 2010.
Complete Game Notes