Feb. 3, 2012
- Tennessee currently ranks fifth nationally in average home attendance (17,211). The Vols are riding a streak of five consecutive seasons with a national top-five finish in attendance.
- Saturday's game marks the start of a stretch during which three of four Tennessee games take place at home in Thompson-Boling Arena. The Vols have won seven of their last eight home games.
- Tennessee has won 14 of its last 18 games against Georgia and also has triumphed in nine of its last 10 home games vs. the Bulldogs.
- The Vols are 2-0 against Georgia on Feb. 4, with both wins coming in Knoxville (1949, 1961).
- The Vols' roster includes four Peach State natives, including starting guards Cameron Tatum (Lithonia) and Trae Golden (Powder Springs). That duo, along with Georgia natives Kenny Hall (Stone Mountain) and Jordan McRae (Midway), accounts for 52 percent of UT's scoring and 67 percent of the team's assists this season.
- Tennessee's Trae Golden and UGA's Dustin Ware share the same hometown (Powder Springs, Ga.)
- Senior guard Cameron Tatum is just 12 points shy of scoring his 1,000th career point. He will become the 44th all-time member of UT's 1,000 Point Club and the third from Georgia.
- UT's official NCAA RPI is up to a season-best 149, and Sagarin ranks the Vols' SOS as 22nd nationally.
The Georgia Series
- Tennessee and Georgia will meet for the 146th time Saturday ... The Volunteers lead the all-time series 91-54, dating to 1913 ... Tennessee owns a 53-15 edge when facing UGA in Knoxville, but UT trails the series 33-35 in Athens ... The Vols had a ninegame home win streak in the series snapped last season ... The Dogs are 8-15 in UT's Thompson- Boling Arena ... The Vols are 23-27 all-time against Georgia in Stegeman Coliseum ... UT's 91 wins over the Bulldogs are the second-most by the Vols over any opponent ... Cuonzo Martin is 0-1 in head coaching meetings against UGA's Mark Fox.
UGA Win Streaks On Rocky Top Are Rare
- Georgia defeated Tennessee 69-63 last season in Knoxville for the Dawgs' first win on The Hill since 2001 ... Georgia hasn't won in two consecutive trips to Knoxville since taking three straight from 1993-95, the only time the Dawgs have ever won back-to-back games on Rocky Top.
Big Boost Off Bench Recently
- Since SEC play began on Jan. 7, Tennessee's bench has outscored its opponents' bench by 12.8 ppg (20.6 to 7.8) ... UT's bench has enjoyed an advantage in bench points in 13 of its last 14 games ... Beginning with the Vols' SEC opener vs. Florida, forward Kenny Hall (6.3 ppg) and guard Jordan McRae (8.3 ppg) have been coming off the bench ... Skylar McBee is the third-leading bench scorer with 6.0 ppg.