- According to ESPN's InsideRPI, Tennessee owns an RPI of No. 40 and has the 10th toughest strength-of-schedule.
- Just 181.63 miles separate UT's Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville and Vanderbilt's Memorial Gymnasium in Nashville.
- Tennessee's 113 wins over the Commodores are the most by the Vols over any opponent, and only Kentucky (217 games) has been an opponent of the Vols more times than Vanderbilt.
- Tennessee owns a 28-41 all-time record at VU's Memorial Gym. That includes a 24-39 mark against Vanderbilt.
- Vols freshman point guard Darius Thompson is a native of nearby Murfreesboro, Tenn. He verbally committed to Vanderbilt before re-opening his recruitment and eventually signing with UT.
- Tennessee has posted consecutive wire-to-wire victories; the Vols haven't trailed in their last 40 minutes played.
- Vols junior Jarnell Stokes ranks fifth nationally in offensive rebounding, with 4.19 orpg.
- The trio of Jarnell Stokes, Jordan McRae and Trae Golden (who has since transferred to Georgia Tech) combined for 43 points as Tennessee completed a season sweep of Vanderbilt with a 58-46 win at Memorial Gym Feb. 13, 2013.
- Stokes scored a game-high 17 points and corralled 10 rebounds for his 10th double-double of the season and sixth in a row. McRae (14 points) also added a career-high 11 rebounds for his first-career double-double. Golden had 12 points.
- Tennessee picked up its sixth series sweep over Vanderbilt in the last 13 years. The Vols recently swept Vandy in 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2011. During that span the Commodores swept the Vols just twice: in 2005 and 2010.
- The Vols allowed just 46 points, tying for the second-fewest allowed in the Cuonzo Martin.
- Tennessee led 40-28 at halftime thanks to Stokes' 14 points on a 6-of-7 shooting. It was the most points for Stokes in a first half in his career.
- The Vols were hot from the floor throughout the first half, shooting 53.3 percent from the field.
- Tennessee used a 16-4 run spanning five minutes to take control of the game building a 35-22 lead with 3:40 left on a pair of Stokes' free throws.
- Vanderbilt was led by Kedren Johnson, who tallied 11. The Vols' held the `Dores to .377 shooting from floor and 3-of-14 from 3-point range.
- Tennessee strength and conditioning coach Nicodemus Christopher is in his second season with the Vols.
- His older brother, Garry, is in his first season as the Vanderbilt basketball strength coach.
- The brothers are natives of San Diego, Calif., and both graduated from Baylor. Garry is 28-years-old, while Nicodemus is 27-years-old (born 11 months apart).
- Their parents, Garry Sr. and Sharon, and three of their five sisters will be at Wednesday's game.
- Under third-year head coach Cuonzo Martin, the Vols have won more than 82 percent of their games during the month of February.
- UT's February record under Martin is 14-3.
- The three losses came at Alabama (2012), at Arkansas (2013) and vs. Georgia (2013).
- Bill Hann dished an incredible school-record 19 assists against the Tide on Jan. 6, 1968, leading UT to an 82-63 win in Tuscaloosa.
- Grand Junction, Tenn., native Steve Hamer posted a memorable 31-point, 21-rebound performance against the Tide in the 1996 SEC Tournament in New Orleans. The Vols won 77-65.
- The legendary Bernard King recorded 37 points and 18 rebounds against Alabama on Jan. 31, 1975, as ninth-ranked Tennessee downed No. 11 Alabama 80-74 in Knoxville.
- Dyron Nix holds UT's single-game scoring record against Alabama, as he dropped 38 points on the Tide on March 2, 1988, in Knoxville.
Complete Game Notes