Feb. 9, 2014
- Tennessee owns a 15-4 record during the month of February under head coach Cuonzo Martin.
- In its last three games, Tennessee has a scoring defense of just 58.7 ppg.
- Both of Florida's losses this season have come on the road (No. 20 Wisconsin, No. 12 UConn).
- On 11 separate occasions, an unranked Tennessee team has beaten a Florida squad ranked in the Associated Press top 25.
- And on eight occasions, the Vols have beaten a Florida team that was ranked in the Associated Press top 10.
- The last time the Volunteers faced the Gators in Knoxville (2/26/13), Tennessee upset No. 8 Florida, 64-58.
- In four career games vs. Florida, Jordan McRae averages 13.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.0 blocks.
- Florida senior Patric Young is the SEC's active career leader for rebounds, with 756. Vols junior Jarnell Stokes ranks second with 680 boards.
- All-SEC candidate Jarnell Stokes is the only player in the conference averaging a double-double in league play (14.1 ppg, 11.7 rpg).
- Jarnell Stokes has 13 double-doubles this season and 31 in his career (both lead the SEC).
- In the four games since he took over as UT's starting point guard, true freshman Darius Thompson owns an impressive 4.5 assist/turnover ratio and a plus/minus rating of +17.49 (per 40 minutes).
- In UT's last four games, junior wing Josh Richardson is 9-of-18 from 3-point range (.500).
- If the season ended today, Tennessee's average of 14.65 offensive rebounds per game would be the best single-season average in program history (stat has been recorded since 1996-97).
- In SEC play, Tennessee is a perfect 5-0 in games in which it totals more than 11 assists.
- Sixth-ranked Florida extended its home win streak to 26 games with a 67-41 victory over Tennessee on Jan. 25 in Gainesville.
- Jarnell Stokes was a force for the Vols, posting his 10th double-double of the season with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Jeronne Maymon added eight points and seven rebounds for Tennessee, which suffered its first loss to Florida since 2011.
- UT's starting backcourt combined to shoot 2-of-29 from the field (.069). Top scorer Jordan McRae was held to five points on 1-of-15 shooting.
- Florida limited Tennessee to season lows in points, field-goal percentage (26.8) and 3-point field-goal percentage (1-of-19, 5.3 percent). The Vols did out-rebound the Gators, 40-35.
- Florida led 26-19 at halftime as the teams grinded to an end of the half. They combined for four points - two by each team - in the final 5:50 of the first half.
- Florida outscored the Vols 41-22 in the second half to pull away. The Gators' largest lead was 32 at 67-35 on a Dorian Finney-Smith 3-pointer with 2:43 left in the game.
- Florida had a quartet of scorers in double-figures led by Michael Frazier II (17). Scottie Wilbekin (13), Casey Prather (12) and Patric Young (10) also hit the mark. The Gators shot .481 from the floor.
- Florida head coach Billy Donovan coached Vols junior Jarnell Stokes on the USA Basketball U18 and U19 teams each of the last two summers.
- Stokes was the second-leading scorer (14.0 ppg) and rebounder (5.6 rpg) on the U18 National Team, which went 5-0 and won gold at the 2012 FIBA Americas U18 Championship in Brazil.
- Last summer, the U19 squad went 9-0 and claimed gold at the FIBA U19 World Championship in Prague, Czech Republic. Stokes averaged 7.2 points and 4.6 rebounds.
- Florida guard Michael Frazier II also was on the 2013 U19 team.
- Stokes started all 14 games in his two summer stints under Donovan.
- The last time Tennessee faced the third-ranked team in the AP poll, the Vols posted a dominant 83-76 upset over Pitt at CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh on Dec. 11, 2010.
- That game, which was not as close as the score would indicate, was part of the 2010 SEC/Big East Invitational.
- The Gators have been ranked No. 3 in the AP poll just once for a previous clash with Tennessee, and Florida needed overtime to escape Knoxville with a 104-100 win on Jan. 9, 2002.
Complete Game Notes