Feb. 10, 2012
- Tennessee held Florida to a season-low 56 points Jan. 7 in Knoxville. That was one of just two games this season in which the Gators scored fewer than 60 points (58 at Kentucky on Tuesday).
- The Vols also held the Gators to .357 shooting in last month's meeting. That was Florida's secondlowest shooting percentage of the season. The Gators have shot below 40 percent in each of their last three games.
- UT has held four of its nine SEC opponents thus far to fewer than 60 points.
- The Vols have won eight of their last nine games in Thompson-Boling Arena but are seeking their first true road win of the season.
- As a whole, the 12 SEC teams own a combined 18-41 (.305) road record during conference play.
- The Vols have played eight ranked opponents this season, including five in the month of January. But just one of UT's eight remaining regular-season opponents (Florida) is currently ranked in the AP poll.
- Senior guard Cameron Tatum scored his 1,000th career point Wednesday. He is the 44th Vol to score 1,000 points and just the 16th Vol to total 1,000 points and 200 career assists.
- Tennessee owns a 6-13 all-time record against the eighth-ranked team in the AP poll.
The Florida Series
- This is the 123rd all-time meeting between the two schools, with Tennessee holding a 70-52 series advantage ... Florida swept all three meetings last season ... Tennessee swept the home-and-home series in 2007- 08 and 2008-09 before splitting with the Gators in 2009-10 ... The Vols have won 11 of the last 17 meetings ... Tennessee leads the series 42-16 when playing in Knoxville ... Florida has a 32-24 all-time edge when playing in Gainesville ... UF has won two straight in Gainesville ... At neutral sites, the series is tied 4-4 ... Cuonzo Martin is 1-0 in head coaching meetings with Billy Donovan.
10 For McBee = Win For Tennessee
- Tennessee is 8-0 this season when junior guard Skylar McBee scores in double figures ... McBee earned his second consecutive start Wednesday vs. South Carolina and scored in double figures for the second time in a row and third time in the last four games ... The Vols are 5-2 when McBee makes at least three 3-pointers.
Shuffling The Starters
- After using the same starting five for each of the first 14 games this season (Golden, McRae, Tatum, Maymon, Hall), Tennessee has used four different starting lineups in the last 10 games ... Senior guard Cameron Tatum and junior forward Jeronne Maymon are the only Vols to start all 24 games this season.