Feb. 14, 2012
- Tennessee was picked by the media to finish 11th in the Southeastern Conference this season. With six conference games left to play, the Vols are tied for fifth in the league with a 5-5 SEC record.
- The Vols have won eight of their last nine games in Thompson-Boling Arena.
- As a head coach, Cuonzo Martin owns a 1-1 record against Arkansas. Current Florida assistant coach John Pelphrey was the Razorbacks' head coach for both those meetings. Martin and current Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson have never faced one another as head coaches despite the fact that both men were coaching in the same state (Missouri) for the past three seasons.
- UT has held four of its 10 SEC opponents thus far to fewer than 60 points. In SEC home games, Tennessee is holding its foes to 57.8 points per game while going 4-1.
- Tennessee currently ranks fifth nationally in average home attendance (17,192). The Vols are riding a streak of six consecutive seasons with a national top-five finish in attendance.
- Cuonzo Martin's mentor, Gene Keady, got his start in the Division I coaching ranks as an assistant at Arkansas under Eddie Sutton in 1975.
- In SEC play, junior forward Jeronne Maymon leads the Vols in scoring (13.7 ppg), rebounding (8.4 rpg) and field-goal percentage (.542). His nine steals in SEC games rank second on the team.
- Junior guard Skylar McBee has scored at least 10 points in four of UT's last five games, and he has started each of the last three contests. Tennessee is 9-0 when McBee scores in double figures.
The Arkansas Series
- This is the 30th all-time meeting between Tennessee and Arkansas ... The Vols lead the series 16-13 ... UT and Arkansas have met eight times on neutral courts and are tied 4-4 in those games (UT leads 3-2 in the SEC Tournament) ... Tennessee has won nine of the last 13 meetings ... 12 of the last 15 meetings have been decided by 10 points or less ... Tennessee leads the all-time series 7-2 when playing in Knoxville ... UT is 4-6 when playing the Hogs in Fayetteville ... Tennessee leads the series 14-10 since the Razorbacks joined the Southeastern Conference prior to the 1991-92 season.
Top 26 RPI Wins Put Vols In Rare Company
- There are only nine Division I teams who have more wins over teams in the top 26 of the current NCAA RPI than Tennessee (3) ... UConn is rated No. 21, and Florida is rated No. 26.
TBA Rims Providing Friendly Bounce
- At home this season, Tennessee is shooting .464 as a team ... And nine of UT's top 11 scorers this season are shooting better than .420 on Rocky Top ... Jarnell Stokes (.615) and Jeronne Maymon (.606) have the team's best field-goal percentage in home games ... Even UT's guards are shooting at a high level at home: Trae Golden (.444), Skylar McBee (.439), Josh Richardson (.500).