Feb. 18, 2013
- During Tennessee's current three-game win streak, the Vols own a +15.7 scoring margin and a +10.0 rebounding margin while shooting .483 from the field, .364 from 3-point range and .763 from the free-throw line.
- In its last three outings, Tennessee has held opponents to 55.0 ppg. The Vols are averaging 6.0 blocks, 5.7 steals and 16.7 deflections during that span.
- Vols junior Trae Golden is averaging 17.3 points in UT's last three games while shooting .500 from the field.
- A victory over LSU Tuesday would give the Vols a four-game win streak, tying for the team's longest of the season and its best of the year in SEC play.
- The Volunteers held LSU legend Pete Maravich to 21.2 points below his career scoring average in six games against "The Pistol."
- Maravich averaged an astounding 44.2 points per game as a Tiger. But his career average against Tennessee was 23.0 ppg.
- Knoxville native Doug Roth blocked a school-record six shots vs. LSU on Jan. 11, 1989, lifting UT to a 100-96 win over the Tigers in Knoxville.
- Anthony Richardson went 14-for-14 from the free-throw line, the best charity-stripe performance in school history, at LSU on Jan. 12, 1985. But the Vols fell that day by a score of 75-65.
- Ron Widby set UT's single-game scoring record, which stood for 20 years, against LSU on March 4, 1967, scoring 50 points on 19-of-39 shooting (both also single-game records) and 12-of-14 from the charity strip. UT won 87-60 in Knoxville.
Complete Game Notes