Feb. 20, 2012
- Tennessee was picked by the media to finish 11th in the Southeastern Conference this season. With four games left to play, the Vols are tied for fourth in the league with a 6-6 SEC record.
- Cuonzo Martin will wear a blue bow tie for Wednesday's game in cooperation with ON THE LINE Statement Week, which supports prostate cancer awareness.
- It has been 20 years since the Vols lost to both Mississippi State and Ole Miss in the regular season.
- In SEC play, Ole Miss and Tennessee are ranked first and second, respectively, in rebounding. The Rebels average 38.6 rpg (including 13.7 offensive boards), while the Vols grab 35.7 rpg.
- Tennessee currently ranks sixth nationally in average home attendance (17,116). The Vols are riding a streak of six consecutive seasons with a national top-five finish in attendance.
- The Vols have won 10 of their last 11 games in Thompson-Boling Arena and have won four of their last five contests overall.
- his year's Vols are on track to post the school's best SEC scoring defense since 1969.
- Jordan McRae has come off the bench to score in double figures four of the last seven games, and he averages 4.2 rebounds in UT's last five games.
The Ole Miss Series
- Tennessee and Ole Miss will meet for the 107th time Wednesday ... The Vols hold a 68-38 all-time advantage ... Tennessee has won 16 of the last 22 meetings dating to the 1991 season ... When the series is played in Knoxville, the Vols have a 38-10 advantage and have won 10 straight ... Mississippi is the only SEC opponent against which the Vols have a winning record on its home court ... Tennessee leads the series 25-22 when it is played in Oxford ... Tennessee is 5-6 all-time against the Rebels in the SEC Tournament ... Cuonzo Martin and Andy Kennedy have never faced one another as head coaches.
Martin, Staff Raise Awareness for Cancer
- Cuonzo Martin will wear a blue bow tie, and his staff will wear "ON THE LINE" lapel buttons during Wednesday's game at Ole Miss in support of "Statement Week," as part of a national effort to educate African-American men on the increased risk of Prostate Cancer ... The UT staff also will participate in "Statement Week" for UT's game at South Carolina Saturday ... ON THE LINE, a national prostate cancer education and awareness campaign, is teaming up with the Black Coaches and Administrators (BCA) Feb. 18-26th during "Statement Week" ... During Statement Week, nearly 100 African American NCAA Division I men's basketball coaches are showing their support and raising awareness of prostate cancer by wearing either a blue bow tie or an "ON THE LINE" button during their games.
Magnolia State Sweep of Vols is Rare
- The 1990-91 season marks the last time Tennessee lost both its regular-season games to the SEC schools in Mississippi ... That year, head coach Wade Houston's Vols fell to Mississippi State in Knoxville by a score of 70-65 (1/2/91) before falling to Ole Miss in Oxford 75-72 (1/26/91).