Feb. 21, 2013
- Tennessee is riding a four-game win streak -- tied for its longest of the season -- during which the Vols are outscoring their opponents by 14.3 ppg while shooting .505 from the field and .458 from 3-point range.
- UT's opponents are averaging just 59.2 ppg during the Vols' four-game win streak.
- Vols junior Trae Golden is averaging 18.0 points in UT's last four games while shooting .500 from the field and .882 from the foul line (30-of-34).
- What do the Tennessee and Texas A&M basketball programs have in common -- aside from SEC membership? One of the top players in each program's history was named Bernard King.
- Tennessee's King (1975-77) was a three-time first-team All-American who still owns the school records for season (26.4 ppg in 1974-75) and career (25.8 ppg) scoring average. He is also one of only three Vols to have his number retired (53).
- Texas A&M's King (2000-03) finished his career as the Big XII Conference's career scoring leader (1,990) while ranking third in assists (550) in conference history.
- Saturday marks just Tennessee's eighth all-time game in the state of Texas. The Vols are 3-4 in The Lone Star State.
- The Vols have previous appearances in the following cities: Austin (1-0), College Station (0-1), Dallas (1-0), El Paso (1-1), Houston (0-1), San Antonio (0-1).
- UT Knoxville Chancellor Dr. Jimmy G. Cheek earned his bachelor's degree with high honors (1969) and his doctorate from Texas A&M.
- Aggies senior Elston Turner's father, Elston H. Turner Sr., grew up in Knoxville and graduated from Austin-East High School. Current Vols sophomore Brandon Lopez also attended AEHS.
- Tennessee is 3-0 this season against head coaches who are in their first year in the SEC.
- The Vols have defeated Rick Ray, Frank Martin and Johnny Jones' teams.
- While Texas A&M coach Billy Kennedy is in his second season with the Aggies, this is his first year navigating the SEC.
Complete Game Notes