Feb. 24, 2012
- Tennessee was picked by the media to finish 11th in the Southeastern Conference this season. With three games left to play, the Vols are tied for fourth in the league with a 7-6 SEC record.
- Tennessee has a 10-game win streak over South Carolina, which is UT's longest active win streak over any SEC opponent as well as the longest win streak in the series by either team.
- The Vols have held six of their SEC opponents to 60 or fewer points and own a scoring defense of 60.9 ppg in conference play (3rd in the SEC).
- In SEC play, the Vols rank second in the league in rebounding (36.0 rpg) and rebounding margin (+3.6 rpg) while ranking third in field-goal percentage defense (.397).
- In league games, All-SEC candidate Jeronne Maymon leads the Vols in scoring (14.4 ppg), rebounding (8.2 rpg), field-goal percentage (.602) and steals (1.1 spg).
- Jordan McRae has come off the bench to score in double figures in five of the last eight games, and he averages 4.5 rebounds in UT's last six games.
- UT ranks 66th nationally with 4.3 blocks per game. Interestingly, 43.2 percent of UT's blocks are by guards and 33.1 percent are by freshmen.
- 84.2 percent of junior Skylar McBee's career field-goal attempts have been 3-pointers (271-322).
The Carolina Series
- Tennessee leads the all-time series 36-23 ... The Vols have won 23 of the last 31 meetings between the schools ... When the series is played in Knoxville, the Vols own a 23-7 advantage ... South Carolina leads the series 14-11 when it is played in Columbia ... Tennessee and South Carolina met for the first time on Jan 15, 1927, in Columbia ... The teams played off-and-on between the 1927 and 1972 seasons but did not play from 1972 until 1988 when the series was renewed ... UT's current 10-game win streak is the longest in the series by either team, and the Vols also have won 10 straight over the Gamecocks in Knoxville.
Vols Successful vs. RPI Top 25
- Only eight teams in the NCAA have more wins than the Vols have against the RPI Top 25, as Tennessee has three victories vs. the Top 25 ... Only seven other teams have three wins vs. the RPI Top 25 aside from the Vols: Marquette, Missouri, Georgetown, Temple, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa.
Martin, Staff Raise Awareness For Cancer
- Cuonzo Martin will wear a blue bow tie, and his staff will wear "ON THE LINE" lapel buttons during Saturday's game at South Carolina in support of "Statement Week," as part of a national effort to educate African-American men on the increased risk of Prostate Cancer ... ON THE LINE, a national prostate cancer education and awareness campaign, is teaming up with the Black Coaches and Administrators (BCA) Feb. 18-26 during "Statement Week" ... During Statement Week, nearly 100 African American NCAA Division I men's basketball coaches are showing their support and raising awareness of prostate cancer by wearing either a blue bow tie or an "ON THE LINE" button during their games.