March 2, 2012
- Saturday is Senior Day for Tennessee. Three student managers and three team members will be honored during a pregame ceremony. Tennessee is 7-3 in its last 10 Senior Day games (home finales).
- Tennessee was picked by the media to finish 11th in the Southeastern Conference this season. With one game left to play, the Vols are tied for fourth in the league with a 9-6 SEC record.
- The Vols have won 12 of their last 13 home games and seven of their last eight overall.
- Sophomore point guard Trae Golden has scored 399 points this season, and his 137 assists have led to 331 points. That means Golden is directly responsible for 35.3 percent of Tennessee's offense.
- Tennessee currently ranks sixth nationally in average home attendance (17,114). The Vols are riding a streak of six consecutive seasons with a national top-five finish in attendance. A crowd larger than 18,300 Saturday would likely lift UT past fifth place Wisconsin (17,178) and ensure a top-five finish.
- Tennessee and Vanderbilt's roster feature student-athletes from five different countries.
- Freshman power forward Jarnell Stokes scored a career-high 18 points in Wednesday's win at LSU. The Vols took their first lead of the game at the 4:37 mark in overtime.
- In league games, All-SEC candidate Jeronne Maymon leads the Vols in scoring (14.3 ppg), rebounding (7.9 rpg), field-goal percentage (.582) and steals (1.1 spg).
The Vandy Series
- Tennessee and Vanderbilt will meet for the 181st time Saturday ... The Volunteers lead the all-time series 110-70, dating to 1922 and have won six of the last 10 meetings ... UT's 110 wins over the Dores are the most by the Vols over any opponent, and only Kentucky (213 games) has been an opponent of the Vols more times than Vanderbilt ... UT leads the series 67-17 when playing in Knoxville ... Vanderbilt leads 52-37 when it is played on the Commodores' home court ... UT and VU have played every season since their first meeting in 1922 except for the WWII years of 1944 and 1945.
- Prior to Saturday's game, seniors Cameron Tatum and Renaldo Woolridge, along with -- redshirt sophomore Tyler Summitt -- will be honored during a Senior Day ceremony ... Summitt, while not a senior in terms of athletic eligibility, is a senior academically and will graduate with honors in May with a degree in Communications ... Summitt will pursue a graduate assistant position with a collegiate coaching staff next season ... Tatum received his Africana Studies degree in December, and Woolridge is on track to graduate this academic year with a Sociology degree ... Three student managers also will be recognized Saturday: Zack Horne, Victoria Kisluk and John Runyan.
UT Has Faced Vandy 21 Times In Finales
- Vanderbilt has been Tennessee's opponent 21 times in regular-season finales, and the Vols are 17-4 in those contests ... That includes a 12-1 record in Knoxville.