March 3, 2014
- Tennessee is tied with Arkansas for fourth place in the SEC with two games left to play.
- According to ESPN's InsideRPI, Tennessee owns an RPI of No. 48 and has the 13th toughest strength-of-schedule (as of March 3).
- No player on the Tennessee roster has ever lost to Auburn.
- The Vols own a perfect 2-0 record at Auburn Arena, which opened for the 2010-11 season.
- Four of Auburn's five SEC wins have come at Auburn Arena, and the Tigers' lineup boasts two of the top-seven scorers in league play in guards Chris Denson (20.4 ppg, second) and KT Harrell (17.9 ppg, seventh).
- Thursday, March 6, is Tennessee senior Jeronne Maymon's 23rd birthday.
- Jarnell Stokes ranks fourth nationally in offensive rebounding, with 4.24 orpg.
- Jarnell Stokes is just 13 points shy of joining UT's 45-member 1,000-Point Club.
- When UT hosts Missouri Saturday, the careers of Antonio Barton, D'Montre Edwards, Jeronne Maymon and Jordan McRae will be celebrated during a pregame Senior Day ceremony.
- Tennessee knocked off Auburn, 78-67, in a game the Vols never trailed as all five starters scored in double-figures Jan. 15 in Knoxville.
- Jordan McRae (21) and Josh Richardson (15) led the UT scoring parade.
- Vols junior Jarnell Stokes tallied 14 points and 14 rebounds.
- The Vols shot an impressive 51.0 from the floor and out-rebounded Auburn 42-28.
- Richardson was the story of the first half, as he converted 6-of-8 shots from the floor for 13 points to lead all scorers over the first 20 minutes.
- Tennessee led 33-28 at halftime.
- Auburn continued to hang around early in the second half, closing the gap to as few as two points. But, the Vols used a 9-2 burst to pull ahead by 11 at 50-39 on a nifty under-handed layup by freshman Darius Thompson with 13:36 left in the game.
- Chris Denson led the Tigers with 24 points, while KT Harrell finished with 15.
- It was UT's sixth consecutive win over Auburn.
- Wednesday's game matches the highest and fourth-highest-scoring coaching staffs in America.
- Tennessee's four full-time coaches scored 5,381 Division I points during their playing days. No other staff in the country scored more than that.
- Auburn's coaches rank fourth among all Division I staffs with 4,373 college points to their credit.
- The two staffs combine to boast five 1,000-point scorers (UT assistant Kent Williams scored more than 2,000 points in college).
Complete Game Notes