March 4, 2013
- When these teams met last season in Knoxville, Tennessee held the Tigers to just 49 points while logging the 1,500th win in program history.
- Tennessee is just 3-9 in its last dozen trips to Auburn, with the victories coming in 2001, 2003 and 2011.
- Wednesday's game matches the highest and fourth-highest-scoring coaching staffs in America.
- Tennessee's four full-time coaches scored 5,381 Division I points during their playing days. No other staff in the country scored more than that.
- Auburn's coaches rank fourth among all Division I staffs with 4,373 college points to their credit.
- Over the last five games, SEC Player of the Year candidate Jordan McRae may be the hottest player in America.
- In those contests, he is shooting .535 from the field, .636 from 3-point range (21-for-33) and .840 at the foul line while averaging 26.8 points and 6.0 rebounds.
- Among players from the six "major" conferences, McRae's 19.4 points in league games rank tied for fifth in the nation.
- Extremely efficient offensively, McRae's 1.38 points per FG attempt in league play rank second among the SEC's top-four scorers.
- In SEC play, he has two games with 30+ points, five games with 25+ points, eight games with 20+ points.
- In his fifth season as a head coach, Cuonzo Martin has 97 career victories to his credit.
- Tennessee's 20th win of the season would also be Martin's 100th as a head coach.
Complete Game Notes