March 6, 2014
- For about the last month, senior guard Antonio Barton has been getting extra work in with associate head coach Tracy Webster every day at 10 a.m. Now, that extra work is paying off.
- In UT's last two games, Barton leads the Vols in scoring (17.5 ppg) and 3-point percentage (9-15, .600). He also has a 4.0 assist/turnover ratio during that span.
- Barton returned to the starting lineup Feb. 26 at Mississippi State, and the Vols have not lost since.
- Overall in SEC play, Barton shoots .293 from 3-point range and averages 7.4 points in 24.9 minutes per game.
- The careers of Antonio Barton, D'Montre Edwards, Jeronne Maymon and Jordan McRae will be celebrated during a pregame Senior Day ceremony Saturday.
- Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 3:45 p.m., which is when the Senior Day festivities are scheduled to begin at midcourt.
- The Vols also hosted Missouri last season on Senior Day. UT dominated the glass, 45-32, and Jordan McRae scored 14 of his 15 points in the second half as the Vols won, 64-62.
- 11 of Tennessee's 19 wins this season (58 percent) have been wire-to-wire victories in which the Vols never trailed.
- That equates to 440 minutes of basketball.
- Each of UT's last three games have been wire-to-wire wins, meaning that the Vols have not trailed in their last 120 minutes of action.
- Two of those wire-to-wire wins have come on the road: at Alabama (2/2/14) and at Auburn (3/5/14).
- On the heels of a dominating 38-point win over Vanderbilt last Saturday, Tennessee's win by 28 points at Auburn Wednesday gave the Vols consecutive conference wins by a total of 66 points.
- The two-game margin of victory is UT's largest in consecutive SEC games since also winning by 66 in back-to-back games in 1965.
- Tennessee beat Mississippi State 77-57 on Feb. 6, 1965, and then defeated Ole Miss, 96-50 in Oxford on Feb. 8, 1965.
- During Tennessee's three-game win streak, the Vols own a +16.0 scoring margin (36.7 to 20.7).
- Overall in SEC play, Tennessee boasts a +7.1 scoring margin in the first half of games (34.5 to 27.4).
- Junior forward Jarnell Stokes had a career-high seven assists Wednesday at Auburn, and he has a team-high 10 assists in UT's last two games.
- Stokes' 41 assists in SEC play are second-most on the team (2.4 apg). He has at least three assists in seven league games.
Complete Game Notes