March 7, 2013
TENNESSEE vs. MISSOURI
March 9, 2013 | 4 p.m. ET
Thompson-Boling Arena | Knoxville, Tenn.
- Tennessee redshirt freshman Quinton Chievous is the son of Missouri's all-time leading scorer, Derrick Chievous, who was selected by Houston with the 16th pick in the 1988 NBA Draft and played three seasons in the league.
- Derrick "Band Aid" Chievous scored 2,580 points for the Tigers from 1985-88.
- Derrick's 18 points against Tennessee on Dec. 14, 1985, are tied for the fifth-most points by a Tiger in the UT-Missouri series.
- When Cuonzo Martin was a senior at Purdue, the Boilermakers lost a neutral-site game to Missouri, 69-66, at the Great Eight event in Auburn Hills, Mich., on Nov. 30, 1994.
- Missouri forward Earnest Ross is a transfer from Auburn. When the Vols beat the Tigers in 2011, Ross posted seven points, four rebounds and five turnovers. He had three points and one rebound in a 2010 loss to UT.
- Cuonzo Martin's final game as Missouri State's head coach was an 81-72 loss to Frank Haith's Miami (Fla.) team in the second round of the 2011 NIT in Coral Gables, Fla., on March 21, 2011.
- Saturday is Senior Day for Tennessee. Four student assistant coaches and four team members will be honored during a pregame ceremony.
- UT's senior players are Kenny Hall, Skylar McBee, Dwight Miller and Rob Murphy.
- The four student assistant coaches to be recognized are Jordan Clark, Kyle Condon, Matt Crabtree and Matthew Smith.
- Tennessee is 8-3 in its last 11 Senior Day games (home finales).
HOME FINALES IN THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA
- Tennessee is 17-8 in home finales at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- A dozen of those games were also regular-season finales (like Saturday's game), and the Vols are 8-4 in those contests.
Complete Game Notes