March 11, 2013
- The Vols are 60-48 (.556) all-time in the SEC Tournament.
- Since the tournament was renewed in 1979, the Vols are 25-33 (.431).
- Tennessee's four SEC Tournament titles are the third-most of any league member.
- Only Kentucky (27) and Alabama (6) have won the SEC Tournament more times than Tennessee.
- Only Kentucky (119 wins) has more SEC Tournament victories than the Vols.
- UT's .556 winning percentage in the SEC Tournament is third-best among league teams.
- For the second straight year, Tennessee won eight of its last nine games to end the regular season.
- This is the sixth time the SEC Tournament has been played in Nashville. UT owns a 7-5 record in SEC tourney games played in the Music City.
- The Vols are 14-3 (.824) in the state of Tennessee this season.
- If the Vols win Thursday, they will face No. 4 seed Alabama Friday at 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU).
- Cuonzo Martin is 3-4 in conference tournaments as a head coach (three MVC Tournaments and one SEC Tournament).
- Tennessee has been the No. 5 seed in the SEC Tournament just once previously. The Vols went 1-1 as the fifth seed when the event was held in Knoxville in 1989.
- The SEC had just 10 teams that season.
- The Vols beat fourth-seeded LSU 95-77 that year before being eliminated with a 76-71 loss to top-seeded Florida at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- Former Vols center Len Kosmalski (1972-74) has been selected as Tennessee's SEC Legend for this year's SEC Tournament.
- A native of Maple Heights, Ohio, Kosmalski lettered three seasons for the Volunteers and is Tennessee's No. 31 all-time scorer with 1,212 career points.
- A starter on UT's 1972 SEC Championship team, Kosmalski earned first-team All-SEC acclaim in 1972, 1973 and 1974. The 7-0, 245-pound center averaged 17.7 points and 8.4 rebounds during his days on Rocky Top before embarking on a professional basketball playing career.
- In 1974, he was picked in both the ABA (Utah Stars) and NBA (Kansas City-Omaha Kings) drafts. He played two years for the Kings, appearing in 76 games.
Complete Game Notes