March 18, 2013
- Located in Macon, Ga., Mercer has an enrollment of 8,200 and competes in the Atlantic Sun Conference. This year, the Bears captured their first outright regular-season A-Sun Championship with a 13-5 league record.
- Veteran head coach Bob Hoffman, who is in his fifth season at Mercer, was named the 2013 Atlantic Sun Coach of the Year.
- Bears guards Langston Hall and Travis Smith both earned second-team All-Atlantic Sun honors this season.
- Mercer won at Florida State and Alabama this year and are allowing just 58.2 points per game.
- Tennessee is making its 13th appearance in the NIT, and the Vols own a 13-12 all-time record in the event.
- UT's last NIT appearance came last season, when the top-seeded Vols defeated Savannah State before falling to Middle Tennessee (both in Knoxville).
- The program's best showing came in 1985 when the Vols advanced to the semifinals in New York City and fell to Indiana before beating Louisville in the consolation game.
Complete Game Notes