Nov. 5, 2011
- Tennessee is preparing to embark on its 103rd season of varsity basketball and its first under head coach Cuonzo Martin (pronounced KAHN-zo).
- The Volunteers are 63-18 all-time in exhibition games, including a 12-1 record in Thompson- Boling Arena. Tennessee defeated Carson-Newman 73-52 on Nov. 3 to open the exhibition season.
- Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon exploded for 10 points, 15 rebounds and four assists Thursday while also drawing two charges. His 15 boards were the most by a Vol since Wayne Chism grabbed 15 against Ole Miss on March 12, 2010.
- Founded in 1897 as a living memorial to Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln Memorial University is a liberal arts institution and NCAA Division II member located approximately 55 miles north of Knoxville in Harrogate, Tenn. The Railsplitters compete in the South Atlantic Conference. Enrollment is 4,550.
- The LMU roster features three Knoxville, Tenn., natives: Junior forward Dustin Craig (Bearden HS) and sophomore brothers Chance and Chase Jones (Austin-East HS).
- Tennessee freshman guard Brandon Lopez, who celebrated not only an exhibition win but also his 19th birthday Thursday, was teammates with LMU guards Chance and Chase Jones at Knoxville's Austin-East High School.
- This is Tennessee's 25th season of basketball in Thompson-Boling Arena. Over the previous 24 years, the riverfront facility has hosted more than 6.2 million fans for men's basketball games, and the Volunteers have posted a 280-100 (.737) home record.
The Lincoln Memorial Series
- Tennessee leads the all-time series with LMU 17-0, dating to 1925 (15 regular-season meetings, two exhibition clashes) ... The two most recent meetings have been exhibition games, with the Vols capturing a 124-61 win prior to the 2007-08 season and a 97-58 triumph before the 2009-10 campaign... The Vols were ranked in the AP preseason top 10 for each of those contests
Thompson-Boling Arena Turns 25-Years-Old
- The 2011-12 campaign marks Tennessee's 25th season of basketball in Thompson-Boling Arena ... To commemorate the anniversary, the Volunteers have highlighted great moments in TBA history on this year's tickets ... Promotions during Tennessee home games also will look back on some of the great players and plays in the facility's history ... The Vols are 280-100 (.737) all-time in Thompson- Boling Arena, and the venue has hosted 71 UT men's basketball games for which the attendance exceeded 20,000 ... In total, TBA has hosted more than 6.2 million fans for UT men's games.
Tennessee Roster Breakdown
- The Volunteers 2011-12 roster features 17 players (12 scholarship student-athletes) representing three nations and eight states ... Five Vols hail from the state of Tennessee, while four are from Georgia ... Tennessee has two seniors, five juniors, four sophomores and six freshmen ... The roster includes 11 guards, five forwards and one center ... Nine Vols stand 6-5 or shorter, and eight players are 6-6 or taller.