TENNESSEE vs. ULM
November 16, 2011 | 7:00 p.m. ET
Thompson-Boling Arena | Knoxville
Vols vs. Warhawks
- Sophomore point guard Trae Golden was named the SEC Player of the Week (Nov. 7-13) after setting career-highs for points (29), rebounds (6), assists (9), field goals made and attempted (10-14) and 3-pointers made and attempted (5-9) in UT's win over UNC Greensboro Friday.
- Senior forward Renaldo Woolridge totaled 11 points, eight rebounds and one steal in 26 minutes off the bench Friday. It was his first double-digit scoring performance since posting a career-high 14 points in Tennessee's upset of top-ranked Kansas Jan. 10, 2010, in Knoxville.
- The Big Orange shot .646 (31-48) in Friday's opener. That's Tennessee's best single-game percentage since Nov. 20, 2007, when it shot .649 (37-57) in a win over Middle Tennessee.
- Tennessee landed at No. 30 in Monday's Sagarin Ratings; that's third-best among SEC teams.
- ULM suffered a 60-38 loss at Ole Miss Friday in its season-opener and then dropped a 71-59 contest to Indiana State Monday. The Warhawks are averaging 48.5 points per game while giving up 65.5. ULM is shooting .330 from the field and .353 from 3-point range.
- Head coach Cuonzo Martin has said that while he ideally hopes to trim the regular rotation to 8-9 players, he and his staff will use more players early in the season while evaluating their personnel in live-game situations
- After attempting 62 3-pointers in two exhibition wins (50.8 percent of the team's total field goal attempts), Tennessee made 15 of 24 3-pointers Friday against UNC Greensboro
- The Vols' .625 3-point percentage was the sixth-best singlegame effort among NCAA Division I teams through Sunday, Nov. 13, and was the best by a UT team since a .636 (7-11) shooting night from beyond the arc in last season's win at third-ranked Pitt
The ULM Series
- Tennessee has never faced Louisiana-Monroe on the hardwood ... Wednesday's game marks the first time UT will face an opponent for the first time since last Dec. 14, when the Vols played their firstever game against Oakland (Mich.) ... Tennessee owns an all-time record of 24-3 against current members of the Sun Belt Conference, and Cuonzo Martin is 8-1 against Sun Belt opposition as a head coach.
On This Date: Nov. 16
- Tennessee is 3-0 all-time on Nov. 16 ... The Vols' last game on this date was an 85-76 home win over Belmont in 2010.
Golden Earns First Career SEC POW Award
- Entering this season, sophomore point guard Trae Golden had just one collegiate start to his credit, and he had never scored more than eight points in 31 career games played ... After one game this year, Golden was named SEC Player of the Week following a 29-point, six-rebound, nine-assist effort in UT's 92-63 win over UNC Greensboro ... Golden shot 10-of-14 from the floor and was 5-of-9 from 3-point range ... He also made 4-of-5 free-throw attempts and added two steals and a block in 27 minutes ... It was Tennessee's 17th SEC Player of the Week honor since the start of the 2006-07 season.