Nov. 20, 2013
- Tennessee boasts a +10.3 scoring margin, a +5.0 rebounding margin and a +3.0 turnover margin.
- Tennessee's starters (Barton, McRae, Richardson, Stokes and Maymon) have scored 179 of the team's 223 points thus far (80.3 percent).
- Wooden Award candidate Jordan McRae has led the Vols in scoring in all three games this season. Dating to last season, he has led the team in scoring in eight of UT's last 11 games.
- Point guard Antonio Barton owns an effective field-goal percentage of .868, which ranks seventh among all Division I players nationally.
- Tennessee is shooting .444 (20-of-45) from 3-point range through the season's first three games. That ranks 22nd nationally.
- Junior wing Josh Richardson has played 84 minutes this season and has yet to commit a single turnover (seven assists).
- Vols freshmen A.J. Davis (6), Robert Hubbs III (13) and Darius Thompson (6) combined to score 25 points Monday vs. The Citadel.
- Tennessee State posted a 20-13 (11-5 OVC) record last season and finished second in its league. Four starters and 10 lettermen from that team return this year for first-year head coach Travis Williams.
- The Tigers have stumbled out to an 0-5 start this season.
- Tennessee commits 19.3 fouls per game this season. Last season (before the new contact rules were introduced), the Vols averaged 18.1 fouls per game.
- Where the difference can be seen this season is in the amount of free throws Tennessee attempts per game. The Vols are shooting 27.7 FTpg, whereas last season they shot 22.4 FTpg.
Complete Game Notes