|F||1 Tyler Smith||6-7||215||So.||11.3||3.7||3.2|
|F||4 Wayne Chism||6-9||242||So.||10.3||6.2||0.8|
|G||5 Chris Lofton||6-2||200||Sr.||13.8||3.3||2.7|
|G||2 JaJuan Smith||6-2||195||Sr.||16.2||1.7||2.2|
|G||15 Jordan Howell||6-2||200||So.||5.8||1.2||3.2|
|North Carolina A&T||Ht.||Wt.||Yr.||PPG||RPG||APG|
|F||20 Jason Wills||6-6||208||Sr.||12.3||7.5||2.5|
|F||21 Ed Jones||6-7||215||Jr.||7.3||3.2||0.8|
|C||50 James Porter||6-9||220||Jr.||3.3||3.5||0.3|
|G||3 Austin Ewing||5-11||160||Sr.||9.3||1.5||3.8|
|G||10 Angelo Hernandez||6-3||185||Sr.||5.0||4.0||2.3|
Vols Close November With Pair of Home Games
- After spending the holiday weekend participating in the Legends Classic in Newark, N.J., the Tennessee Volunteers return to the friendly confines of Thompson-Boling Arena Tuesday, Nov. 27, when they play host to the North Carolina A&T State Aggies. The game is scheduled for a 7:30 p.m. tip and SportSouth will televise the contest.
- The Vols finished second in the inaugural Legends Classic over the weekend. After earning a hard-fought 74-72 win over West Virginia in the semifinals Friday, Tennessee fell 78-97 to the 15th-ranked Texas Longhorns in the championship game Saturday. The Longhorns shot 63.6 percent from the field while limiting the Vols to just 38.8 percent shooting. Chris Lofton, who was named to the all-tournament team, led the Vols with 18 points on 4-of-8 shooting from 3-point range.
- Tennessee tied the school record for 3-pointers made with 16 triples against the Longhorns. It was the second time in less than a week that UT had made 16 3-pointers in a game. The Vols made 16-of-28 treys against Middle Tennessee on Nov. 20.
- Senior guard JaJuan Smith is leading five Vols in double figure scoring with 16.2 points per game. His 18 steals also lead the Vols. Chris Lofton is second on the squad with 13.8 points while Tyler Smith is adding 11.3 points and Wayne Chism leads the team with 6.2 rebounds to go with 10.3 points.
- Through six games, Tennessee is averaging 12.0 steals off 23.3 opponent turnovers per game. Offensively, UT is averaging 88.5 points per game on 48.9 percent shooting from the field.
- North Carolina A&T State is riding a four-game winning streak after upsetting DePaul 96-93 Saturday in Rosemont, Ill. Preseason first team all-conference guard Steven Rush scored a career-high 40 points in the win and leads the 4-2 Aggies with 17.3 points per game.
- The Vols are ranked No. 7 in the latest Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today polls. UT???s No. 7 preseason ranking was its highest in school history.
- Chris Lofton moved into the top 10 of UT???s all time scorers, passing Brandon Wharton (1,651 from 1995-99) for 10th place with 1,655 career points.
- Tennessee has forced an average of 23.3 turnovers off 12.0 steals per game this year.
- The Vols are averaging 20.0 assists per game.
- Josh Tabb is leading the Vols with an assist turnover ratio of 3.25 (13 assists, 4 turnovers) while Jordan Howell and Tyler Smith each own a 2.71 ratio (19 assists, 7 turnovers).
- UT???s 69-point (109-40) win over Middle Tennessee is the second-largest margin of victory in school history.
- The Vols tied a school record with 16 3-pointers against Middle Tennessee (11/20/07). The 30 assists were one dime shy of tying a school record.
- 11 players are averaging at least 10 minutes of action. No one averages more than 25 minutes.
- The 21,817 fans for Tennessee???s game against Temple (11/9/07) was the largest crowd for a home opener in the nation this year.
- Chris Lofton and JaJuan Smith were the highest scoring duo in the Southeastern Conference in 2006-07. Lofton averaged 20.8 points while Smith added 15.2 points.
- Tennessee is 33-2 at Thompson-Boling Arena since the start of the 2005-06 season.
- UT has a 20-game homecourt winning streak. The Vols??? last home loss was a 78-80 decision to Kentucky in the final home game of the 2005-06 season.
- The Vols are 19-0 in non-conference home games under Bruce Pearl.
- Bruce Pearl is 9-6 against ranked teams while at Tennessee.
- The Vols have made at least one 3-pointer in 325 consecutive games.
- Under Bruce Pearl, UT is 45-4 when leading or tied with five minutes left in the game.
- UT is 33-4 when scoring 80 or more points under the direction of Bruce Pearl.
- UT is 30-14 (.682) when playing before crowds of 20,000 or larger at Thompson-Boling Arena. In 2006-07 the Vols were 6-0 playing in front of 20,000 fans at home.
- Tennessee has an all-time record of 1,396-904-2 in its 99th season of basketball.
- UT???s 620 regular season SEC victories rank third all-time in the SEC. Only Kentucky and Alabama have won more league games.
- Tennessee is 233-86 in its 21st season in Thompson-Boling Arena. The Vols have winning home records in 18 of their 20 seasons in the facility.
- Tennessee is the only Division I school ever to rank in the top five nationally in attendance for football, men???s basketball and women???s basketball in the same season. The Vols turned the trick for the fourth time in 2006-07.
December On The Road
After playing six of their first eight games at home, Tennessee is about to begin a 39-day period (Dec. 1 through Jan. 8) where they only play one game at Thompson-Boling Arena ... UT???s only home game during the stretch is a Dec. 19 contest against UNC Asheville ... Tennessee will travel to play games in Chattanooga (UT-Chattanooga Dec. 4), Nashville (Western Kentucky Dec. 15), Cincinnati (Xavier Dec. 22) and Seattle (Gonzaga Dec. 29) before opening Southeastern Conference play Jan. 9 against Ole Miss in Knoxville.
Vols Tie 3-Point Record Twice In A Week
Tennessee never made more than 15 triples in a game from when the 3-point shot was introduced to college basketball for the 1986-87 season through the conclusion of the 2004-05 campaign ... In barely more than two seasons under Bruce Pearl the Vols have made 16 3-pointers in a game four times, including doing it twice in less than a week ... Against Middle Tennessee (11/20/27) the Vols tied the school record by making 16-of-28 3-pointers and then against Texas (11/24/07) they made 16-of-33 from behind the arc ... Entering the 2007-08 campaign UT had only made 16 3-pointers in a game two times (Feb. 15, 2006 against Auburn and March 22, 2007 against Ohio State).
Looking At North Carolina A&T State
North Carolina A&T State enters Tuesday???s game with a 4-2 record after upsetting DePaul 96-93 Saturday afternoon in Rosemont, Ill. ... Senior guard Steven Rush scored a game-high 40 points and set a school record with 10 3-pointers in the win at DePaul ... James Porter, a 6-foot-9 center, added 21 points to the Aggie effort ... A first team All-MEAC selection last season, the 5-11 Rush is coming off the bench to lead North Carolina A&T State with 17.3 points per game ... Last season he led the team with 17.3 points despite starting just four games ... Jason Wills, a 6-6 senior forward who was a second team preseason All-MEAC selection, is the only other Aggie in double figure scoring with 12.3 points per game ... NCATS has won each of its last four games after dropping games to Saint Louis and Pittsburgh to open the season ... The Aggies average 7.0 3-pointers per game and make them at a 30.9 percent clip ... They average 16.2 assists and force 18.8 turnovers per game ... NCATS has outrebounded five of the six teams it has played this season and owns a +5.3 rebounding advantage on the season ... The Aggies are playing their sixth (out of seven) game away from home ... The North Carolina A&T State roster lists 12 players who are upperclassmen, including seven seniors ... NCATS garnered three first place votes and was tabbed to finish third in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference ... Jerry Eaves is 34-91 in his sixth in Greensboro, N.C., and as a head coach.
Pearl Wins No. 50
Bruce Pearl earned his 50th win at UT with a 109-40 victory over Middle Tennessee (11/20/07) ... Needing just 69 games to reach the 50-win mark, Pearl tied for the third-fastest Tennessee coach to reach the milestone ... Zora Clevenger (1911-16) needed 64 games to win 50 while Jerry Green (1997-2001) needed 68 and John Mauer (1938-47) needed 69 games to reach the milestone ... Legendary coach Ray Mears (1962-77) needed 76 games to reach the 50-win milestone.
Smith Is Making Big Plays
Three of Tennessee???s top five scorers are named Smith ... No member of the trio is related to another ... Senior guard JaJuan Smith leads the Vols with 16.2 points per game and is shooting 40.9 percent (18-of-44) from 3-point range ... Tyler Smith, a 6-7 sophomore forward, is third on the team with 11.3 points and is tied for the team lead with 19 assists ... Ramar Smith, a 6-2 sophomore point guard, is fifth on the squad with 10.2 points per game.