Nov. 29, 2013
- Tennessee opened the season at Xavier, dropping a 67-63 decision at the Cintas Center Nov. 12.
- A slow start offensively (the Vols started the game 1-for-17 from the field) and poor free-throw shooting (7-of-19, .368) proved too much for UT to overcome in that loss.
- Jordan McRae led all players with 23 points and five assists in that loss at Xavier.
- The 2011-12 season marked the last time Tennessee faced a non-conference opponent twice during the regular season. The Vols played Memphis twice that year, dropping both contests (in Maui and in Memphis). Current Vols senior Antonio Barton was on the Memphis roster that season.
- In Tennessee's two losses this season, the Vols are shooting .517 from the foul line (30-of-58). In UT's three wins, the Vols are shooting .761 (70-of-92) at the charity stripe.
- McRae, the reigning SEC Player of the Week, has led the Vols in scoring in all five games this season. Dating to last season, he has led the team in scoring in 10 of UT's last 13 games.
- The Vols pulled down 26 offensive rebounds in Thursday's loss to UTEP. Senior Jeronne Maymon has 22 offensive boards this season, while Jarnell Stokes has grabbed 19.
Complete Game Notes