Nov. 29, 2013
- Junior forward Jarnell Stokes scored a season-high 20 points Friday vs. Xavier and also grabbed 10 rebounds for his 21st career double-double (in 56 career games).
- Senior forward Jeronne Maymon is coming off arguably his best game of the season, as he totaled 14 points, six rebounds and three steals in 24 minutes vs. Xavier Friday.
- Freshman point guard Darius Thompson averages 16.3 minutes per game and has just three turnovers in 98 total minutes played this season. He boasts a 4.3 assist/turnover ratio and leads the Vols in steals (12).
- Xavier's 49 points marked the lowest points total for a Tennessee opponent this season. It was the sixth time a Cuonzo Martin-coached UT team held an opponent to fewer than 50 points.
- In Tennessee's two losses this season, the Vols are shooting .517 from the foul line (30-of-58). In UT's four wins, the Vols are shooting .745 (82-of-110) at the charity stripe.
- It's been nearly 43 years since the Volunteers and Demon Deacons last met on the hardwood (15,699 days).
- Tennessee leads the all-time series with Wake Forest 7-2, dating to 1947.
- Wake Forest does hold a 1-0 edge in neutral-site meetings, having defeated the Vols 69-62 in Asheville, N.C., on Jan. 9, 1950.
Complete Game Notes