Dec. 3, 2013
TENNESSEE vs. TENNESSEE TECH
Dec. 7, 2013 | 12 p.m. ET (noon)
Thompson-Boling Arena | Knoxville, Tenn.
NOTING THE VOLS
- The Vols lead the SEC and ranks 10th nationally in rebounding defense, allowing just 29.3 rpg. UT also ranks second in the league and tied for eighth nationally in offensive rebounding, pulling down 16.0 orpg.
- Tennessee's 9.9 turnovers per game are the fewest among SEC teams.
- In Tennessee's two losses this season, the Vols are shooting .517 from the foul line (30-of-58). In UT's five wins, the Vols are shooting .753 (110-of-146) at the charity stripe.
- Forward Jarnell Stokes is riding a streak of three straight double-doubles. He averaged 18.0 points and 11.3 rebounds in UT's three games (in three days) at the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Tennessee's rout of Wake Forest last Saturday was UT's 100th all-time win against current members of the Atlantic Coast Conference. The Vols are 100-84 all-time against the ACC.
LOOKING AT TECH
- This is the first of just five December games for the Vols. Four of those contests take place at Thompson-Boling Arena. The lone road game is a trip to face 11th-ranked Wichita State Dec. 14.
- Saturday's contest marks the second of five games Tennessee will play against in-state teams this season. The Vols have already defeated Tennessee State and are riding a three-game win streak over in-state opposition.
- Tennessee Tech assistant coach Brian Kloman has ties to the Vols' program. He graduated from Tennessee in 2002 and is the son of former UT assistant coach Chris Ferguson (1997-05), who is now an assistant coach at Oklahoma State.
VOLS FINISH FIFTH IN ATLANTIS
- Tennessee posted a 2-1 record and a fifth-place finish at the 2013 Battle 4 Atlantis tournament in Paradise Island, Bahamas Nov. 28-30.
- The Vols fell to UTEP in the opening round before notching dominant wins over Xavier and Wake Forest.
- UT played three games in three days, and forward Jarnell Stokes logged three straight double-doubles, averaging 18.0 points and 11.3 rebounds at the event.
Complete Game Notes