Dec. 4, 2012
- Wednesday's clash is the second of two consecutive true road games for the Vols. Tennessee will then return to Knoxville for a six-game homestand and will not play a game away from Rocky Top until a visiting Alabama on Jan. 12.
- This is UT's first trip to Charlottesville since the Cavs hosted the Vols for a second-round NIT game on March 23, 1992. Virginia won that contest by a score of 77-52.
- Virginia is riding a five-game win streak, which includes a Nov. 28 win at Wisconsin.
- The Cavaliers have held three opponents to fewer than 50 points this season and are 3-0 in those games (Fairfield, Seattle and Lamar).
- Tony Bennett is in his fourth year as the head coach at Virginia. Bennett came to Charlottesville after spending the previous three seasons as the head coach at Washington State, where he was the 2007 National Coach of the Year.
- Bennett played for his father at Wisconsin-Green Bay from 1989-92 and finished his career as the Mid-Continent Conference's all-time leader in career points (2, 285) and assists (601). He was the 35th overall selection in the 1992 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets and played with the team for three seasons.
- Cuonzo Martin was an assist coach on the 2011 USA Basketball Men's World University Games National Team. Bennett was one of the three "court coaches" who assisted during the team's training camp in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Tennessee is 92-77 (.544) against current members of the Atlantic Coast Conference.