Dec. 11, 2012
- Tennessee is honoring the memory of legendary former head coach Ray Mears (1962-77) by celebrating his career during Thursday's game as "Tribute to Ray Mears Night".
- Mears' career will be highlighted with special video features throughout the game, arena concession stands will feature throwback $1 prices on drinks and popcorn and several other promotions are planned for Thursday's game.
- During Coach Martin's three-year stint as head coach at Missouri State (2009-11), he faced Gregg Marshall's Shockers twice each season. The Bears also faced WSU in the 2009 and 2010 MVC Tournaments.
- The Shockers are 9-0 for the third time in program history and the first time since 2006-07. Wichita State has never started a season 10-0.
- The Shockers are outscoring their opponents by 14.6 ppg while out-rebounding them by 7.6 rpg.
- This is WSU's third true road game. The Shockers have previously won at VCU and Air Force.
- In an 80-54 win over Northern Colorado Saturday, WSU made more than half of its shots for the third consecutive game, shooting 55.6 percent. Wichita made 12 3-pointers and set season-highs in 3-pointers made and attempted (24).
- The Vols' 3-point field-goal defense of .237 is tops in the SEC ranks sixth nationally. Tennessee's opponents are making an average of just 3.1 3-pointers per game.
- Tennessee is 5-7 (.417) against current members of the Missouri Valley Conference.
- UT is 5-3 vs. teams ranked 23rd in the AP poll.